Kate Mara, Jamie Bell, Michael B. Jordan, Miles Teller in Final Talks for 'Fantastic Four'
Fox has found its Fantastic Four. Multiple reports suggest the studio is in final negotiations to have Kate Mara star as Sue Storm a.k.a. Invisible Girl, Jamie Bell as Ben Grimm a.k.a. The Thing, Michael B. Jordan as Johnny Storm a.k.a. Human Torch, and Miles Teller as Reed Richards a.k.a. Mr. Fantastic.
The film will follow the foursome who gained superpowers after exposure to cosmic rays during a scientific mission to outer space. The script is handled by "X-Men: Days of Future Past" scribe Simon Kinberg. Josh Trank who previously directed Jordan in "Chronicle" is on board the project as a helmer.
The first "Fantastic Four" film was released in 2005. It starred Ioan Gruffudd, Jessica Alba, Chris Evans, and Michael Chiklis. A sequel, "Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer", followed in 2007. The original lead actors were all back reprising the roles. Both movies were directed by Tim Story and grossed more than $620 million worldwide combined.
Mara will next appear in "Transcendence", while Bell's next U.S. releases include "Nymphomaniac" and "Tintin 2". As for Jordan and Teller, they previously shared screen in "That Awkward Moment" and are also expected to reunite in an untitled heist movie set up at Warner Bros.
All those four actors have been linked to "The Fantastic Four" since last year, except for Bell who was never mentioned in connection to the superhero reboot until now. Official casting announcement is expected to be made sometime soon.
- Oops! Cher Accidentally Retweets a Dick Pic
- No More Bad Blood! Taylor Swift and Calvin Harris Are Texting Again
- Rob Kardashian Crushing on His Own Sister Kim When He Was Young
- Zack Snyder Hints at Deathstroke's Cameo in 'Justice League'
- Kim Kardashian Ditches Panties in Jaw-Dropping Look at Paris Fashion Week
- Britney Spears Feels Great in Her 30s Because Her 20s Were 'Horrible'
- Listen to Niall Horan's First Solo Single 'This Town' Here!
- Kim Kardashian Is Sick of Taylor Swift Question: 'I'm So Over It'