Kate Mara, Jamie Bell, Michael B. Jordan, Miles Teller in Final Talks for 'Fantastic Four'
Fox has found its Fantastic Four. Multiple reports suggest the studio is in final negotiations to have Kate Mara star as Sue Storm a.k.a. Invisible Girl, Jamie Bell as Ben Grimm a.k.a. The Thing, Michael B. Jordan as Johnny Storm a.k.a. Human Torch, and Miles Teller as Reed Richards a.k.a. Mr. Fantastic.
The film will follow the foursome who gained superpowers after exposure to cosmic rays during a scientific mission to outer space. The script is handled by "X-Men: Days of Future Past" scribe Simon Kinberg. Josh Trank who previously directed Jordan in "Chronicle" is on board the project as a helmer.
The first "Fantastic Four" film was released in 2005. It starred Ioan Gruffudd, Jessica Alba, Chris Evans, and Michael Chiklis. A sequel, "Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer", followed in 2007. The original lead actors were all back reprising the roles. Both movies were directed by Tim Story and grossed more than $620 million worldwide combined.
Mara will next appear in "Transcendence", while Bell's next U.S. releases include "Nymphomaniac" and "Tintin 2". As for Jordan and Teller, they previously shared screen in "That Awkward Moment" and are also expected to reunite in an untitled heist movie set up at Warner Bros.
All those four actors have been linked to "The Fantastic Four" since last year, except for Bell who was never mentioned in connection to the superhero reboot until now. Official casting announcement is expected to be made sometime soon.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences