Kate Mara, Jamie Bell, Michael B. Jordan, Miles Teller in Final Talks for 'Fantastic Four'
Fox has found its Fantastic Four. Multiple reports suggest the studio is in final negotiations to have Kate Mara star as Sue Storm a.k.a. Invisible Girl, Jamie Bell as Ben Grimm a.k.a. The Thing, Michael B. Jordan as Johnny Storm a.k.a. Human Torch, and Miles Teller as Reed Richards a.k.a. Mr. Fantastic.
The film will follow the foursome who gained superpowers after exposure to cosmic rays during a scientific mission to outer space. The script is handled by "X-Men: Days of Future Past" scribe Simon Kinberg. Josh Trank who previously directed Jordan in "Chronicle" is on board the project as a helmer.
The first "Fantastic Four" film was released in 2005. It starred Ioan Gruffudd, Jessica Alba, Chris Evans, and Michael Chiklis. A sequel, "Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer", followed in 2007. The original lead actors were all back reprising the roles. Both movies were directed by Tim Story and grossed more than $620 million worldwide combined.
Mara will next appear in "Transcendence", while Bell's next U.S. releases include "Nymphomaniac" and "Tintin 2". As for Jordan and Teller, they previously shared screen in "That Awkward Moment" and are also expected to reunite in an untitled heist movie set up at Warner Bros.
All those four actors have been linked to "The Fantastic Four" since last year, except for Bell who was never mentioned in connection to the superhero reboot until now. Official casting announcement is expected to be made sometime soon.
- 'Power Rangers' First Full Trailer Offers First Official Look at Zordon and Megazord
- Amazon Is Adapting Neil Gaiman's 'Good Omens' Into a Limited Series
- Caitlyn Jenner's Rep Clears Up Rumors of Inaugural Dance With Donald Trump
- Nancy Sinatra Slams Donald Trump for Using Her Father's Song at His Inauguration Ball
- Ariana Grande Shares Sweet Birthday Message for 'Soulmate' Mac Miller
- Bella Thorne Gets Flirty With Zedd on Twitter and His Fans Absolutely Hate It
- Fetty Wap and Monty Flaunt Million-Dollar Bling in New Video for 'S**t I Like'
- Ryan Gosling and Eva Mendes Reportedly Fighting Over Whether to Have Baby No. 3