'Sex and the City' Director Agrees There's One Story Left for Possible Third Movie
Michael Patrick King shares his thoughts on the possible "Sex and the City" threequel. The director who helmed the first and second big-screen installments agrees with Sarah Jessica Parker that there is one chapter left to explore for the third movie if it's ever in the works.
"Sarah Jessica and I both know what that final chapter is," he tells Entertainment Weekly. "That doesn't mean it will or should be told, but I do think there's one story left. Whether it ever happens is a whole other situation. But there's four girls, and those girls are still in my mind. There are other stories to tell and characters that haven't even been written yet."
The interest to make the third movie still lingers, King says, although it's not as intense as it once was. "It's a very interesting balance of zeitgeist and letting go and coming back and figuring out if you're done or you're not done. I listen to people a lot, actually," the director utters.
"What I do know is that there's interest, but with interest comes non-interest. It's all really about the stories, and if you actually think you have something left to say that would make it exciting and worthwhile for the fans' time, that's really the question."
"Not whether you can get away with it, not whether anybody will buy it, not whether you can make money on it. It's really like, is there enough or more to say that would justify people risking seeing their favorite characters again? And I think there's one chapter left."
Starring Sarah Jessica Parker, Kim Cattrall, Kristin Davis, and Cynthia Nixon, the story lasted six seasons on the small screen and spawned a spin-off "The Carrie Diaries".
Parker has repeatedly said in the past that she hoped for one last movie to conclude the girls' journey. "A part of me thinks there is one last chapter to tell," she explained to InStyle. "But timing is a peculiar thing. It isn't a decision that can wait forever. I don't want to have to wear muumuus!"
- Alex Rodriguez Bans J.Lo From Talking to Ex Casper Smart
- 'KUWTK': Lisa Rinna's Family to Replace the Kardashians
- Selena Gomez Fears Run-In With Ex Justin Bieber at 2017 Billboard Music Awards
- Find Out Why Kim and Kourtney Kardashian Bans Kanye West From Mexican Trip
- Report: Angelina Jolie Is Using Black Magic to Get Revenge From Brad Pitt
- Khloe Kardashian Claims Lamar Odom's New Romance Is Only a Way to Get Her Attention
- Mila Kunis Gives Her Parents a Surprise Home Makeover
- 'The Flash' 3.20 Promo: Savitar Will Be Unmasked in 'I Know Who You Are'