Danny Boyle Reunites With 'Slumdog Millionaire' Writer for Billie Jean King Biopic
Danny Boyle will tackle sports drama next if Page Six could be trusted. The "Slumdog Millionaire" director reportedly reunites with Simon Beaufoy, who wrote his 2008 movie, to bring the real-life story of tennis icon Billie Jean King to the big screen.
The Oscar-winning director is also expected to reteam with "Slumdog Millionaire" producer Christian Colson for the untitled Billie Jean King biopic. The story is going to focus on the athlete's famous "Battle of the Sexes" against Bobby Riggs in 1973.
Boyle reportedly met King after attending a London premiere of the tennis player's documentary right before Wimbledon last year. A source says, "They're all meeting again in New York to work on the script," before King heads to the Olympics' closing ceremonies.
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos
- Spoiler Alert! 'Arrow' Showrunner Unveils Season 5 Finale Scene
- Trouble in Paradise? Jennifer Aniston's 'Tired' Justin Theroux Chooses His Career Over Her
- The Rock Has Some Epic Fights in New 'Jumanji' On-Set Photos
- Lady GaGa Causes Twitter Frenzy With Her 'Unrecognizable' Face on 'X Factor'
- New 'The Flash' Set Photos Reveal New Villain and a Mysterious Character
- Report: 'Game of Thrones' Books UFC Fighter Conor McGregor for Upcoming Season