Danny Boyle Reunites With 'Slumdog Millionaire' Writer for Billie Jean King Biopic
Danny Boyle will tackle sports drama next if Page Six could be trusted. The "Slumdog Millionaire" director reportedly reunites with Simon Beaufoy, who wrote his 2008 movie, to bring the real-life story of tennis icon Billie Jean King to the big screen.
The Oscar-winning director is also expected to reteam with "Slumdog Millionaire" producer Christian Colson for the untitled Billie Jean King biopic. The story is going to focus on the athlete's famous "Battle of the Sexes" against Bobby Riggs in 1973.
Boyle reportedly met King after attending a London premiere of the tennis player's documentary right before Wimbledon last year. A source says, "They're all meeting again in New York to work on the script," before King heads to the Olympics' closing ceremonies.
- G-Dragon Promises Big Bang Will Reunite as 5 Members
- Jay Park Signs With Roc Nation
- Justin Bieber Banned From China Over His 'Bad Behavior'
- Kim Kardashian Is 'Furious' After Video of Her Partying Hard Exposed
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Tasha McCauley Welcome Second Child
- Celebrities Who Regret Getting Plastic Surgery
- JYJ's Park Yoochun's Fiancee Allegedly Wants to Break Off Engagement
- Kingsman Teams Up With Statesman in New 'The Golden Circle' Red Band Trailer