Danny Boyle Reunites With 'Slumdog Millionaire' Writer for Billie Jean King Biopic
Danny Boyle will tackle sports drama next if Page Six could be trusted. The "Slumdog Millionaire" director reportedly reunites with Simon Beaufoy, who wrote his 2008 movie, to bring the real-life story of tennis icon Billie Jean King to the big screen.
The Oscar-winning director is also expected to reteam with "Slumdog Millionaire" producer Christian Colson for the untitled Billie Jean King biopic. The story is going to focus on the athlete's famous "Battle of the Sexes" against Bobby Riggs in 1973.
Boyle reportedly met King after attending a London premiere of the tennis player's documentary right before Wimbledon last year. A source says, "They're all meeting again in New York to work on the script," before King heads to the Olympics' closing ceremonies.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences