Danny Boyle Reunites With 'Slumdog Millionaire' Writer for Billie Jean King Biopic
Danny Boyle will tackle sports drama next if Page Six could be trusted. The "Slumdog Millionaire" director reportedly reunites with Simon Beaufoy, who wrote his 2008 movie, to bring the real-life story of tennis icon Billie Jean King to the big screen.
The Oscar-winning director is also expected to reteam with "Slumdog Millionaire" producer Christian Colson for the untitled Billie Jean King biopic. The story is going to focus on the athlete's famous "Battle of the Sexes" against Bobby Riggs in 1973.
Boyle reportedly met King after attending a London premiere of the tennis player's documentary right before Wimbledon last year. A source says, "They're all meeting again in New York to work on the script," before King heads to the Olympics' closing ceremonies.
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Recap: A Man Gets His Heart Broken and Leaves
- Chris Hemsworth and Tom Hiddleston Bring Thor and Loki to Children Hospital in Australia
- Kendall Jenner Flaunts Her Booty in Unpublished Vogue Pic
- 'Pretty Little Liars' 7.10 Preview: The Kidnapper Gets Attacked
- Iggy Azalea Hits Recording Studio With Verse Simmonds
- See Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel Goof Around With Hillary Clinton at L.A. Fundraiser
- Lionsgate Bringing 'The Monolith' Comic Book to Big Screen
- Teresa Giudice Under Fire for Posting Inappropriate Bikini Pics of Her Underage Daughters