'Crazy Ones' Finds Sydney's Mom, 'Flowers in the Attic' Sequel Casts Cathy's Abusive Lover
"The Crazy Ones" has found Sydney's mom. According to TV Guide, former "Taxi" star Marilu Henner is cast as Paige, Sarah Michelle Gellar's on-screen mother, who will travel to Chicago "when Simon and Gordon need her to cast a deciding vote."
Described as being "self-absorbed," Paige "makes Simon (Robin Williams) look like Father of the Year," but she'll put a smile on Simon's face. Her episode is scheduled to air in mid-April.
Other casting news comes from "Flowers in the Attic" sequel, which recently replaced Kiernan Shipka with Rose McIver as an older Cathy Dollanganger. Now, the Lifetime TV movie has tapped an actor to portray Cathy's abusive boyfriend.
"Van Helsing" star Will Kemp will take on the role of Julian Marquet, a dance troupe's volatile male lead who aggressively woos new member Cathy, in "Petals on the Wind". He and McIver join returning stars Heather Graham and Ellen Burstyn, who will reprise their roles as Corrine Dollanganger and Olivia Foxworth, respectively.
"Petals on the Wind" is set a decade after the Dollanganger kids escaped Foxworth Hall at the end of the first film. The drama thriller will also recast Cathy's brother Christopher, who was portrayed by Mason Dye in the first movie. Production is set to begin February 25 in Los Angeles.
- 'Ghostbusters' Cast Show Off the New Gadgets in Latest Featurette
- HBO Officially Confirms Jon Snow's True Parentage With This 'Game of Thrones' Infographic
- New 'Star Trek Beyond' Character Poster Shows Jaylah on Cap's Chair
- Lady GaGa and Taylor Kinney's Wedding Plan Reportedly Shelved Because of This
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Make Out in Rome, Fans Say Their Romance Is 'Staged'
- Watch James Van Der Beek Channel Diplo to Promote Mad Decent Block Party
- Jessica Simpson Reportedly Hires 'Homely' Nannies Because She Fears Her Husband Will Cheat on Her
- Your Favorite 'Nashville' Stars Are Returning for Season 5. Find Out Which Ones