Philip Seymour Hoffman's Will Reveals He Wanted Son to Be Raised in New York
Some details of Philip Seymour Hoffman's will have been revealed. According to excerpts posted by news outlets, the "Capote" star left much of his estate to his longtime partner Mimi O'Donnell. Hoffman apparently also left instructions about raising his then-only child in his will.
"It is my strong desire...that my son, Cooper Hoffman, be raised and reside in or near the borough of Manhattan...or Chicago, Illinois, or San Francisco, California," reads the document which was submitted to Manhattan Surrogate's Court on Wednesday morning, February 19, as reported by New York Post.
"The purpose of this request is so that my son will be exposed to the culture, arts and architecture that such cities offer," the document states. TMZ also notes that if O'Donnell cannot reside in one of the cities for whatever reasons, she should take him to the cities at least twice a year.
In addition to raising children, Hoffman also mentioned that the bulk of his fortune would go to O'Donnell. The late Oscar-winning star also set a trust, in which half of the funds would be handed to Cooper when he turns 25. The rest would be given to him when he turns 30.
The will was signed ten years ago, when his son was 1 year old. Hoffman, who was found dead in his apartment earlier this month, and O'Donnell have two other children, 7-year-old Tallulah and 5-year-old Willa.
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture