Jai Courtney Tapped to Play Kylie Reese in 'Terminator: Genesis'
It was down to Jai Courtney and Boyd Holbrook as the top candidates to play Kylie Reese in "Terminator: Genesis". According to Variety, the former eventually got an offer to take the coveted role in the upcoming "Terminator" reboot.
The "Jack Reacher" actor will join "Game of Thrones" actress Emilia Clarke who is on board to play Sarah Connor and "The Great Gatsby" star Jason Clarke who is attached to play John Connor. Arnold Schwarzenegger will reprise his iconic role.
Alan Taylor ("Thor: The Dark World") is set to direct the fifth installment of the "Terminator" franchise. The script is written by Laeta Kalogridis ("Shutter Island") and Patrick Lussier ("Drive Angry"). It is expected to start production later this year for a July 1, 2015 release.
The last "Terminator" installment was released in 2009. Christian Bale starred as John and Anton Yelchin as Kyle, while Linda Hamilton who played Sarah in the classic movies directed by James Cameron was an uncredited voice of John's mother. Directed by McG, "Terminator Salvation" grossed over $371 million worldwide.
Jai Courtney was last seen in "I, Frankenstein". He will next appear in "Divergent" and Angelina Jolie's "Unbroken". His other new project is "The Water Diviner", a historical drama directed by Russell Crowe.
- Report: Angelina Jolie Is Forced to Hand Over Kids to Brad Pitt
- NBC Officially Greenlights 'Will and Grace' Revival
- Drake Meets J.Lo's Children - Are They Getting Serious?
- Bella Hadid and Justin Bieber Accuse Selena Gomez of Using The Weeknd for Promotion
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer