Karen Gillan Cast as Narcissist on New ABC Pilot
Karen Gillan has landed the lead role of a new pilot for ABC. The 26-year-old "Guardians of the Galaxy" actress is to play Eliza Dooley on "Selfie", a sitcom written by "Suburgatory" scribe Emily Kapnek.
The series, a single-camera half-hour, follows Dooley as she tries to get back on track after a humiliating breakup and an embarrassing viral video. Described as a social network-obsessed narcissist, the 20-something woman is "more concerned with 'likes' than being liked."
Following her wrecked reputation, Dooley realized that social media fame is not fun when you're famous for the wrong reason. She tries to get back on track, hiring a marketing expert to help restore her standing.
This would be the Scottish beauty's first American network TV series gig. The former "Doctor Who" star will have to practice her American accent because HitFix reported that her character is definitely not Scottish.
- Chris Klein Welcomes First Child With Wife, Shares First Photos of Cute Baby Boy
- 'American Horror Story' First Season 6 Teasers Are Creepy as Hell
- JoJo to Release New Album 'Mad Love' in October
- Ed Sheeran Sparks Wedding Rumors After Spotted With Ring on That Finger
- Jennifer Aniston Bares Her Boobs While Sunbathing in Italy
- A Version of Britney Spears' 'Make Me' Without G-Eazy Surfaces Online
- Jeffrey Dean Morgan on 'The Walking Dead' Season 7: It's Negan's World Now
- First Look at New Villain in 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Revealed