Karen Gillan Cast as Narcissist on New ABC Pilot
Karen Gillan has landed the lead role of a new pilot for ABC. The 26-year-old "Guardians of the Galaxy" actress is to play Eliza Dooley on "Selfie", a sitcom written by "Suburgatory" scribe Emily Kapnek.
The series, a single-camera half-hour, follows Dooley as she tries to get back on track after a humiliating breakup and an embarrassing viral video. Described as a social network-obsessed narcissist, the 20-something woman is "more concerned with 'likes' than being liked."
Following her wrecked reputation, Dooley realized that social media fame is not fun when you're famous for the wrong reason. She tries to get back on track, hiring a marketing expert to help restore her standing.
This would be the Scottish beauty's first American network TV series gig. The former "Doctor Who" star will have to practice her American accent because HitFix reported that her character is definitely not Scottish.
- Silver Sable and Black Cat Movie Rumored to Have Spider-Woman
- Scott Disick Spotted Flirting With Sofia Richie on Yacht in Cannes
- Jaden Smith Accuses Canadian Hotel of Spiking His Food
- Alex Rodriguez Signs Deal With ABC News as Contributor
- Joaquin Phoenix and Diane Kruger Win Best Actor and Actress at Cannes 2017
- Miranda Kerr Marries Snapchat CEO Evan Spiegel in Backyard Ceremony
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'