Karen Gillan Cast as Narcissist on New ABC Pilot
Karen Gillan has landed the lead role of a new pilot for ABC. The 26-year-old "Guardians of the Galaxy" actress is to play Eliza Dooley on "Selfie", a sitcom written by "Suburgatory" scribe Emily Kapnek.
The series, a single-camera half-hour, follows Dooley as she tries to get back on track after a humiliating breakup and an embarrassing viral video. Described as a social network-obsessed narcissist, the 20-something woman is "more concerned with 'likes' than being liked."
Following her wrecked reputation, Dooley realized that social media fame is not fun when you're famous for the wrong reason. She tries to get back on track, hiring a marketing expert to help restore her standing.
This would be the Scottish beauty's first American network TV series gig. The former "Doctor Who" star will have to practice her American accent because HitFix reported that her character is definitely not Scottish.
- Nick Jonas Shares His First Photo From 'Jumanji' Set, but There's a Catch
- The Internet Mocks Donald Trump for Sniffling and Drinking a Lot During Presidential Debate
- Listen to DNCE's New Single 'Body Moves'
- New 'Luke Cage' Trailer Reveals Surprise Cameos
- Jessica Simpson's Marriage in Trouble? She and Husband Reportedly 'Fighting Non-Stop' for Months
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Recap: Which Pairs Win Immunity in Face-Off Week?
- Rob Kardashian Tweets Kylie's Number as He Blasts His Family for Snubbing Blac Chyna
- Report: Drake Is Actually Gay and His Rihanna Romance Is Fake