Karen Gillan Cast as Narcissist on New ABC Pilot
Karen Gillan has landed the lead role of a new pilot for ABC. The 26-year-old "Guardians of the Galaxy" actress is to play Eliza Dooley on "Selfie", a sitcom written by "Suburgatory" scribe Emily Kapnek.
The series, a single-camera half-hour, follows Dooley as she tries to get back on track after a humiliating breakup and an embarrassing viral video. Described as a social network-obsessed narcissist, the 20-something woman is "more concerned with 'likes' than being liked."
Following her wrecked reputation, Dooley realized that social media fame is not fun when you're famous for the wrong reason. She tries to get back on track, hiring a marketing expert to help restore her standing.
This would be the Scottish beauty's first American network TV series gig. The former "Doctor Who" star will have to practice her American accent because HitFix reported that her character is definitely not Scottish.
- Girls' Generation Graces the Cover of W Korea for Their 10th Anniversary
- Kanye West Gives Paralyzed Fan Custom Yeezy Boots
- Beyonce and Jay-Z Hire 18 New Staff for Twin Kids
- Blac Chyna Is Starring in Nicki Minaj's New Music Video
- Ryan Seacrest Is Officially Returning to 'American Idol'
- Eight Times Chrissy Teigen Makes Us ROTFL
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle May 'Get Married Somewhere Private and Elope'
- O.J. Simpson Could Be Denied Parole After Caught Masturbating in Cell