Karen Gillan Cast as Narcissist on New ABC Pilot
Karen Gillan has landed the lead role of a new pilot for ABC. The 26-year-old "Guardians of the Galaxy" actress is to play Eliza Dooley on "Selfie", a sitcom written by "Suburgatory" scribe Emily Kapnek.
The series, a single-camera half-hour, follows Dooley as she tries to get back on track after a humiliating breakup and an embarrassing viral video. Described as a social network-obsessed narcissist, the 20-something woman is "more concerned with 'likes' than being liked."
Following her wrecked reputation, Dooley realized that social media fame is not fun when you're famous for the wrong reason. She tries to get back on track, hiring a marketing expert to help restore her standing.
This would be the Scottish beauty's first American network TV series gig. The former "Doctor Who" star will have to practice her American accent because HitFix reported that her character is definitely not Scottish.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival