Marvel to Release 'Revenge' Graphic Novel
ABC's "Revenge" is getting a graphic novel treatment. While Marvel's comics are often brought to the big screen or the small screen, it's the other way around for the soap opera. The publishing company has announced "Revenge: The Secret Origin of Emily Thorne" that is based on the Emily VanCamp-starring series.
The graphic novel will focus on the origin story of heroine Amanda Clark, before she arrived in the Hamptons as wealthy philanthropist Emily Thorne to avenge her murdered father, who was framed for treason. At 19 years old, Amanda goes on her first mission in Switzerland after training under her Japanese sensei, Takeda.
"This story takes us way back to before Emily had any experience in her 'takedowns,' " says writer Erica Schultz. "She makes mistakes. She learns from some of them, but, as you'll see, she has a hard time learning some lessons and fans of the show will be pleased to pick up on a few Easter Eggs hidden here and there."
She adds that the Emily viewers see on-screen is "the sum of all the lessons learned and beatings taken in this graphic novel."
"Revenge" executive producer Sunil Nayar chimes in, "The parts of the history we're bursting to tell is the origin of the woman you see that shows up in the pilot, as differentiated from the girl who was thrown into (juvenile detention) when her dad was taken from her."
"Revenge: The Secret Origin of Emily Thorn" will be available in comic shops and bookstores on September 3.
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March