Marvel to Release 'Revenge' Graphic Novel
ABC's "Revenge" is getting a graphic novel treatment. While Marvel's comics are often brought to the big screen or the small screen, it's the other way around for the soap opera. The publishing company has announced "Revenge: The Secret Origin of Emily Thorne" that is based on the Emily VanCamp-starring series.
The graphic novel will focus on the origin story of heroine Amanda Clark, before she arrived in the Hamptons as wealthy philanthropist Emily Thorne to avenge her murdered father, who was framed for treason. At 19 years old, Amanda goes on her first mission in Switzerland after training under her Japanese sensei, Takeda.
"This story takes us way back to before Emily had any experience in her 'takedowns,' " says writer Erica Schultz. "She makes mistakes. She learns from some of them, but, as you'll see, she has a hard time learning some lessons and fans of the show will be pleased to pick up on a few Easter Eggs hidden here and there."
She adds that the Emily viewers see on-screen is "the sum of all the lessons learned and beatings taken in this graphic novel."
"Revenge" executive producer Sunil Nayar chimes in, "The parts of the history we're bursting to tell is the origin of the woman you see that shows up in the pilot, as differentiated from the girl who was thrown into (juvenile detention) when her dad was taken from her."
"Revenge: The Secret Origin of Emily Thorn" will be available in comic shops and bookstores on September 3.
- Shailene Woodley Pleads Guilty to Disorderly Conduct During Pipeline Protest
- Is Chris Brown's New Sex-Drenched Single 'Privacy' to Tempt Rihanna?
- Christina El Moussa Is Dating NHL Star Nate Thompson Amid Divorce From Tarek
- Hugh Grant Dances to Drake's Song in 'Love Actually' Short Film
- Cher's 'Serious Family Issue' Forces Her to Drop Out of Lifetime's Flint Water Crisis Movie
- 'Game of Thrones': Nikolaj Coster-Waldau Teases Big Jaime-Cersei-Brienne Development in Season 7
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt to Direct R-Rated Musical Comedy Co-Starring Channing Tatum
- John Legend's Travel Bag 'Stolen' at JFK Airport