Mumford and Sons' Frontman: I Tell People the Band Has Broken Up
Mumford & Sons' Marcus Mumford tells people that his band has broken up. In a recent interview with U.K. radio station XFM, the band's frontman revealed that he said "yes" every time people asked him if the group had decided to stop working together.
"It's been quite nice just to have a few months to chill out," the musician said. "Everyone keeps asking if we've broken up as a band, which I love... So I keep saying 'yes,' and then we can have a big come back tour next year."
During the interview, Mumford also talked about what the group's other members had been up to since they announced their hiatus. He said that banjo player Winston Marshall "went to Nashville and set up a band, played six gigs, recorded a live show and then they broke up, citing artistic differences at the end of the night, after playing six gigs in one night."
"Apparently they were rubbish, apparently they were genuinely rubbish. But they're really proud of it, because they love that kind of thing," he continued.
In September, Mumford & Sons announced that they'd take "a considerable amount of time off" from music after completing their "Babel" tour. "We just know we're going to take a considerable amount of time off and just go back to hanging out and having no commitments or pressure or anything like that," the band's Ben Lovett said.
"We're just going to rest up," he added. "I don't think we've had actually much time in the process to be with other people and living a life outside of the band. I think that's what's in place at the moment, to do very little - especially when it comes to Mumford & Sons."
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March