Cee-Lo Green Says He's Leaving 'The Voice' for Good
Cee-Lo Green won't return to "The Voice" again. After taking a break from the show in spring 2013, the soul/hip-hop singer/songwriter is now leaving the reality singing competition series for good.
Cee-Lo revealed this when stopping by "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" on Tuesday, February 18. He shocked the show's host as well as most fans since it had not been indicated before that he would never return to "The Voice" again.
"I'm going to continue my relationship with NBC," he told Ellen DeGeneres about his future plans. "I have a television show development deal with them as well and hopefully some other talk show opportunities for later in the year. But yeah, I'm going to miss 'The Voice' too. So I'm not coming back guys..."
Stunned, DeGeneres asked back, "Oh, you're not coming back at all?" He answered, "Yeah, I just want to... I don't want to wear out my welcome there. You know what I'm saying. I have so many other things that I want to do. I haven't released an album in four years. I'm almost done with my album."
Cee-Lo appeared on the daytime talk show with Lionel Richie. The two will embark on an upcoming joint tour, "All The Hits All Night Long".
"The Voice" season 6 will debut Monday, February 24 at 8 P.M. ET/PT on NBC with Adam Levine and Blake Shelton returning, and Shakira and Usher replacing Christina Aguilera and Cee-Lo as the coaches.
- Blake Shelton and Debra Messing Have Twitter Spat Over Donald Trump
- Watch Orlando Bloom Go Fanboy Over Girlfriend Katy Perry at the DNC
- Adele Brings Her Drag Impersonator Onstage During Seattle Show
- Mary J. Blige Confirms She's Divorcing Husband Kendu Isaacs After 12 Years of Marriage
- 'New Girl' Really Loves Megan Fox, Brings Her Back for Major Season 6 Arc
- 'Suicide Squad' Confirms Another DC Superhero's Appearance
- Kim Kardashian Is Unrecognizable in These TBT Photos From the 2008 Teen Choice Awards
- Watch Katy Perry Rock the DNC With 'Rise' and 'Roar'