Cee-Lo Green Says He's Leaving 'The Voice' for Good
Cee-Lo Green won't return to "The Voice" again. After taking a break from the show in spring 2013, the soul/hip-hop singer/songwriter is now leaving the reality singing competition series for good.
Cee-Lo revealed this when stopping by "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" on Tuesday, February 18. He shocked the show's host as well as most fans since it had not been indicated before that he would never return to "The Voice" again.
"I'm going to continue my relationship with NBC," he told Ellen DeGeneres about his future plans. "I have a television show development deal with them as well and hopefully some other talk show opportunities for later in the year. But yeah, I'm going to miss 'The Voice' too. So I'm not coming back guys..."
Stunned, DeGeneres asked back, "Oh, you're not coming back at all?" He answered, "Yeah, I just want to... I don't want to wear out my welcome there. You know what I'm saying. I have so many other things that I want to do. I haven't released an album in four years. I'm almost done with my album."
Cee-Lo appeared on the daytime talk show with Lionel Richie. The two will embark on an upcoming joint tour, "All The Hits All Night Long".
"The Voice" season 6 will debut Monday, February 24 at 8 P.M. ET/PT on NBC with Adam Levine and Blake Shelton returning, and Shakira and Usher replacing Christina Aguilera and Cee-Lo as the coaches.
More The Voice News
- Kim Kardashian Shares How Paris Robbery Has Changed Her Life
- Vin Diesel Makes Rapping Debut With Nicky Jam at the 2017 Billboard Latin Music Awards
- 'La La Land' Filmmaker Damien Chazelle to Helm Musical-Themed TV Drama
- Sylvester Stallone May Star in More Marvel Films After 'GOTG 2'
- Scott Disick Once Asked Kourtney to Marry Him With a Ring but They 'Never Spoke About It Again'
- Hailee Steinfeld Releases EDM-Tinged Song 'Most Girls' in Full
- New 'Gotham' Photo Sparks Speculation That Barbara Is Harley Quinn
- 'America's Got Talent' Books Laverne Cox as Guest Judge for Season 12