Cee-Lo Green Says He's Leaving 'The Voice' for Good
Cee-Lo Green won't return to "The Voice" again. After taking a break from the show in spring 2013, the soul/hip-hop singer/songwriter is now leaving the reality singing competition series for good.
Cee-Lo revealed this when stopping by "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" on Tuesday, February 18. He shocked the show's host as well as most fans since it had not been indicated before that he would never return to "The Voice" again.
"I'm going to continue my relationship with NBC," he told Ellen DeGeneres about his future plans. "I have a television show development deal with them as well and hopefully some other talk show opportunities for later in the year. But yeah, I'm going to miss 'The Voice' too. So I'm not coming back guys..."
Stunned, DeGeneres asked back, "Oh, you're not coming back at all?" He answered, "Yeah, I just want to... I don't want to wear out my welcome there. You know what I'm saying. I have so many other things that I want to do. I haven't released an album in four years. I'm almost done with my album."
Cee-Lo appeared on the daytime talk show with Lionel Richie. The two will embark on an upcoming joint tour, "All The Hits All Night Long".
"The Voice" season 6 will debut Monday, February 24 at 8 P.M. ET/PT on NBC with Adam Levine and Blake Shelton returning, and Shakira and Usher replacing Christina Aguilera and Cee-Lo as the coaches.
More The Voice News
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked