Justin Bieber to Be Questioned About Alleged Paparazzo Attack
Justin Bieber reportedly will be deposed and questioned over an alleged attack on a paparazzo, Jeffrey Binion, outside a recording studio in Miami in June 2013 after his legal team lost an appeal preventing him from being questioned. At that time, the 19-year-old pop star allegedly ordered his bodyguard to attack the paparazzo and took his memory card.
"Miami Judge Sarah Zabel initially denied Bieber's requests to stop Binion's lawyers from deposing him and asking questions about other incidents involving him and his varied bodyguards' aggressive behavior," a source told PEOPLE. "Although Bieber's lawyers appealed the judge's rulings, the appeal was denied. Bieber can no longer hide. Binion's lawyers are waiting for a deposition date to be set in Miami."
"The Binion lawsuit is totally without merit, as are the recent Miami DUI and Toronto assault cases where Justin has been wrongfully accused. These cases are all in the early stages of [legal procedure]. We choose to litigate them through the courts instead of the media," Bieber's attorney Howard Weitzman said of the star's recent troubles.
Bieber had a string of legal dramas last month. The police raided Bieber's mansion following an alleged egg attack to his neighbor. His friend Lil Za was arrested for possession of drug during the raid. The "Baby" singer then was arrested in Miami Beach for DUI, resisting arrest and driving without a valid driver's license. He later showed up in a Toronto police station in connection to assault on a limo driver.
More Justin Bieber News
- Lady GaGa Annoyed by Traffic in 'Carpool Karaoke'. Get the Sneak Peek!
- Ryan Lochte Celebrates His Dog's 8th Birthday for Three Consecutive Years
- Rihanna Asks for Help to Find Her Missing Backup Dancer Shirlene Quigley
- Report: Britney Spears Is Filming 'Slumber Party' Music Video
- 'The Walking Dead' Alternate Take on Negan Kills Leaks Online
- Michael Fassbender Reveals New Name of Xenomorphs in 'Alien: Covenant', New Details Leak
- Kim Kardashian Drops Lawsuit After Tabloid Apologizes for Fake Robbery Claims
- Pharrell Releases Two New Songs From 'Hidden Figures' Soundtrack