Justin Bieber to Be Questioned About Alleged Paparazzo Attack
Justin Bieber reportedly will be deposed and questioned over an alleged attack on a paparazzo, Jeffrey Binion, outside a recording studio in Miami in June 2013 after his legal team lost an appeal preventing him from being questioned. At that time, the 19-year-old pop star allegedly ordered his bodyguard to attack the paparazzo and took his memory card.
"Miami Judge Sarah Zabel initially denied Bieber's requests to stop Binion's lawyers from deposing him and asking questions about other incidents involving him and his varied bodyguards' aggressive behavior," a source told PEOPLE. "Although Bieber's lawyers appealed the judge's rulings, the appeal was denied. Bieber can no longer hide. Binion's lawyers are waiting for a deposition date to be set in Miami."
"The Binion lawsuit is totally without merit, as are the recent Miami DUI and Toronto assault cases where Justin has been wrongfully accused. These cases are all in the early stages of [legal procedure]. We choose to litigate them through the courts instead of the media," Bieber's attorney Howard Weitzman said of the star's recent troubles.
Bieber had a string of legal dramas last month. The police raided Bieber's mansion following an alleged egg attack to his neighbor. His friend Lil Za was arrested for possession of drug during the raid. The "Baby" singer then was arrested in Miami Beach for DUI, resisting arrest and driving without a valid driver's license. He later showed up in a Toronto police station in connection to assault on a limo driver.
More Justin Bieber News
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo