Ellie Goulding Debuts Skrillex Collaboration 'Because'
A little over a year ago, Ellie Goulding and Skrillex teamed up for a collaboration track. Now, the British songbird unveiled the song as she featured it in her recent mix for DJ Annie Mac's "Free Music Monday" series.
The track was initially titled "Lovers". According to some reports, Skrillex played it live several days before he broke up with then-girlfriend Goulding. Following the split, the song's then retitled "Because". There's still no word on whether or not it will be released to public.
Skrillex has commented on Goulding debuting the song. "That track was made in a hotel room 2 years ago...I almost forgot what it sounded like...thanks for droppn this beat @elliegoulding," he tweeted.
The slow and pretty tune, which features Goulding's vocals over soft percussion and a lofty melody, is not the first collaboration between the two stars who ended their romantic relationship in 2012. They released "Summit" from his 2011 EP "Bangarang" and "Bittersweet" from the soundtrack of "The Twilight Saga's Breaking Dawn Part II".
More Ellie Goulding News
- Beyonce Is Making $500K Nursery for Her Unborn Twins
- Mariah Carey Is Spending Too Much Money on Toyboy Bryan Tanaka
- Amber Rose Is Joining Secret Online Dating App
- 'Annabelle' Sequel Gets New Title
- Kim Kardashian Doesn't Want Her Daughter North West to Be Managed by Kris Jenner
- Anne Hathaway's Dress at 'Colossal' Premiere Is So Awkward She Couldn't Sit in It
- Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye May Appear in 'Ant-Man and the Wasp'
- Blac Chyna Believes That Rob Kardashian and Tyga Are Tag Teaming Against Her