Ellie Goulding Debuts Skrillex Collaboration 'Because'
A little over a year ago, Ellie Goulding and Skrillex teamed up for a collaboration track. Now, the British songbird unveiled the song as she featured it in her recent mix for DJ Annie Mac's "Free Music Monday" series.
The track was initially titled "Lovers". According to some reports, Skrillex played it live several days before he broke up with then-girlfriend Goulding. Following the split, the song's then retitled "Because". There's still no word on whether or not it will be released to public.
Skrillex has commented on Goulding debuting the song. "That track was made in a hotel room 2 years ago...I almost forgot what it sounded like...thanks for droppn this beat @elliegoulding," he tweeted.
The slow and pretty tune, which features Goulding's vocals over soft percussion and a lofty melody, is not the first collaboration between the two stars who ended their romantic relationship in 2012. They released "Summit" from his 2011 EP "Bangarang" and "Bittersweet" from the soundtrack of "The Twilight Saga's Breaking Dawn Part II".
- Michelle Rodriguez Threatens to Quit 'Fast and Furious' Franchise Over Its Depiction of Women
- Paris Hilton and Chris Zylka Are Reportedly Getting Engaged Soon
- Missing the Kids, Brad Pitt Urges Angelina Jolie to Have Family Reunion
- Watch Nick Jonas' Calvin Klein-Esque Video for 'Remember I Told You' Ft. Anne-Marie and Mike Posner
- 'The Bachelorette' Recap: Rachel Ends Lee-Kenny Feud, Sends Home Six Guys
- Report: Rob Kardashian Says He Pays All of Blac Chyna's Bills
- 'America's Got Talent' Week 5: Guy Sings Whitney Houston's 'I Have Nothing' Like It's Nothing
- Remy Ma Totally Expects Nicki Minaj's Diss at NBA Awards