Ellie Goulding Debuts Skrillex Collaboration 'Because'
A little over a year ago, Ellie Goulding and Skrillex teamed up for a collaboration track. Now, the British songbird unveiled the song as she featured it in her recent mix for DJ Annie Mac's "Free Music Monday" series.
The track was initially titled "Lovers". According to some reports, Skrillex played it live several days before he broke up with then-girlfriend Goulding. Following the split, the song's then retitled "Because". There's still no word on whether or not it will be released to public.
Skrillex has commented on Goulding debuting the song. "That track was made in a hotel room 2 years ago...I almost forgot what it sounded like...thanks for droppn this beat @elliegoulding," he tweeted.
The slow and pretty tune, which features Goulding's vocals over soft percussion and a lofty melody, is not the first collaboration between the two stars who ended their romantic relationship in 2012. They released "Summit" from his 2011 EP "Bangarang" and "Bittersweet" from the soundtrack of "The Twilight Saga's Breaking Dawn Part II".
- Harry Styles Stops His Concert to Pay Tribute to Victims of Manchester Bombing
- Jack Kesy Rumored to Play Tom Cassidy in 'Deadpool 2'
- The Great War Is Coming in First Trailer for 'Game of Thrones' Season 7
- First Look at Benicio Del Toro and Laura Dern, Captain Phasma Unmasked in 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi'
- Beware Angelina Jolie! Brad Pitt Is Ready to Publish a Tell-All
- Kelly Clarkson and Jennifer Hudson Are Fighting Over 'The Voice' Gig
- Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon Are Planning to Remarry This Summer
- Fans Are Begging Justin Bieber to Cancel His Upcoming U.K. Concerts