Video: Elaine Stritch Drops F-Bomb on 'Today'
Elaine Stritch stunned "Today" hosts and viewers with her choice of word. The Broadway legend dropped an F-bomb during an interview with Hoda Kotb and Kathie Lee Gifford about her new documentary "Shoot Me" on Tuesday, February 18.
Gifford may have inadvertently set up the bomb by asking her about her bluntness. "Elaine, you are beloved, as much for your work - of course - but for your mouth," the TV host said. "You say whatever you want to say."
"Thank God it's, hasn't been... not passed on television," Stritch responded. "If you just say things naturally, it's fine. They're just thinking f**k." Gifford exclaimed, "Oh, dear," and Kotb said, "We bleeped it," but Stritch said, "I meant a serious point by that."
The F-bomb wasn't censored for the first time but it was edited out of video posted on "Today" website and for other time zones. Asked for comment about the F-bomb, a rep for the NBC morning show stated, "The 'Today' show is a live news program, without a tape delay. However, we edited the audio and visual on our website and for all other time zones."
Following the interview, Stritch tweeted a photo of her with the two "Today" co-hosts. "LOVE these broads, but no F'ING way they get the last word on this show!" she captioned the picture.
More Today News
- Pregnant Blac Chyna Gets Striptease From Mariah Carey's Dancer on Vegas Stage
- Aziz Ansari Puts Donald Trump on Blast in Scathing Op-Ed Over Anti-Muslim Remarks
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'