Video: Elaine Stritch Drops F-Bomb on 'Today'
Elaine Stritch stunned "Today" hosts and viewers with her choice of word. The Broadway legend dropped an F-bomb during an interview with Hoda Kotb and Kathie Lee Gifford about her new documentary "Shoot Me" on Tuesday, February 18.
Gifford may have inadvertently set up the bomb by asking her about her bluntness. "Elaine, you are beloved, as much for your work - of course - but for your mouth," the TV host said. "You say whatever you want to say."
"Thank God it's, hasn't been... not passed on television," Stritch responded. "If you just say things naturally, it's fine. They're just thinking f**k." Gifford exclaimed, "Oh, dear," and Kotb said, "We bleeped it," but Stritch said, "I meant a serious point by that."
The F-bomb wasn't censored for the first time but it was edited out of video posted on "Today" website and for other time zones. Asked for comment about the F-bomb, a rep for the NBC morning show stated, "The 'Today' show is a live news program, without a tape delay. However, we edited the audio and visual on our website and for all other time zones."
Following the interview, Stritch tweeted a photo of her with the two "Today" co-hosts. "LOVE these broads, but no F'ING way they get the last word on this show!" she captioned the picture.
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri