Video: Elaine Stritch Drops F-Bomb on 'Today'
Elaine Stritch stunned "Today" hosts and viewers with her choice of word. The Broadway legend dropped an F-bomb during an interview with Hoda Kotb and Kathie Lee Gifford about her new documentary "Shoot Me" on Tuesday, February 18.
Gifford may have inadvertently set up the bomb by asking her about her bluntness. "Elaine, you are beloved, as much for your work - of course - but for your mouth," the TV host said. "You say whatever you want to say."
"Thank God it's, hasn't been... not passed on television," Stritch responded. "If you just say things naturally, it's fine. They're just thinking f**k." Gifford exclaimed, "Oh, dear," and Kotb said, "We bleeped it," but Stritch said, "I meant a serious point by that."
The F-bomb wasn't censored for the first time but it was edited out of video posted on "Today" website and for other time zones. Asked for comment about the F-bomb, a rep for the NBC morning show stated, "The 'Today' show is a live news program, without a tape delay. However, we edited the audio and visual on our website and for all other time zones."
Following the interview, Stritch tweeted a photo of her with the two "Today" co-hosts. "LOVE these broads, but no F'ING way they get the last word on this show!" she captioned the picture.
- John Legend Expresses His Anger and Hope in 'In America'
- Ryan Gosling Explains His Giggle During Oscar Fiasco
- Report: Kevin Hart's Wife Eniko Pregnant With Their First Child
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Starts Filming in Scotland, Set Photos and Video Arrive
- 'Orphan Black' Unveils First Photos and Details of Final Season
- Hailey Baldwin Fuels Cameron Dallas Dating Rumors as They're Spotted Grabbing Lunch Together
- Donald Trump and Wife Melania Reportedly Sleep in Separate Bedrooms and Never Spend a Night Together
- Iggy Azalea Is Twerking in Sneak Peek of 'Mo Bounce' Music Video