Kelis Visits Mexico for Colorful 'Jerk Ribs' Music Video
Kelis has debuted a music video for "Jerk Ribs", the first single off her new album. The four-minute colorful clip finds the singer preparing herself for a glamorous photo shoot before turning the streets of Mexico into a catwalk.
In another scene, she's seen performing at a garden party where a giraffe later makes a cameo appearance. "This song is the cornerstone of my album," Kelis told TIME. "So I wanted the video to look like my life, my love-back to the beginning."
"Jerk Ribs" will be featured in "Food", Kelis sixth album that's scheduled to be released on April 22. "It's very dramatic, and I'm really excited about it," the star recently talked about the record that was produced by David Sitek. "I don't rush to put albums out, so when I do I like to wallow in them a bit."
Kelis isn't only working on her music. The 34-year-old entertainer, who's trained as a chef at Le Cordon Bleu, will star on her own show on the Cooking Channel called "Saucy and Sweet". The show's premiering on February 26.
Kelis' "Jerk Ribs" music video
- Lamar Odom Is Refused Entry at Los Angeles Strip Club
- Kim Kardashian Is Begging Khloe to Be Her Surrogate for Baby No. 3
- So Cruel! Travis Scott Compares Kylie's Bedroom Skills to Sister Kendall Jenner's
- Selena Gomez Denies Collaboration With The Weeknd on New Music: 'It's Not True'
- 'Breakfast at Tiffany's' Iconic Character Holly Golightly to Become a Merchandise Queen
- Vanessa Hudgens and Ashley Tisdale Host Twerk-a-Thon Poolside in Sexy Leopard Bikinis
- Rob Kardashian Is 'Killing Himself' Following Split From Blac Chyna
- 'Fargo' May Not Return for Season 4