Kelis Visits Mexico for Colorful 'Jerk Ribs' Music Video
Kelis has debuted a music video for "Jerk Ribs", the first single off her new album. The four-minute colorful clip finds the singer preparing herself for a glamorous photo shoot before turning the streets of Mexico into a catwalk.
In another scene, she's seen performing at a garden party where a giraffe later makes a cameo appearance. "This song is the cornerstone of my album," Kelis told TIME. "So I wanted the video to look like my life, my love-back to the beginning."
"Jerk Ribs" will be featured in "Food", Kelis sixth album that's scheduled to be released on April 22. "It's very dramatic, and I'm really excited about it," the star recently talked about the record that was produced by David Sitek. "I don't rush to put albums out, so when I do I like to wallow in them a bit."
Kelis isn't only working on her music. The 34-year-old entertainer, who's trained as a chef at Le Cordon Bleu, will star on her own show on the Cooking Channel called "Saucy and Sweet". The show's premiering on February 26.
- Jennifer Aniston and Justin Theroux Hold Hands in NYC Following Split Rumors
- Backstreet Boys Joins Florida Georgia Line at iHeartRadio Music Festival. Plus Other Performances!
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors