Kelis Visits Mexico for Colorful 'Jerk Ribs' Music Video
Kelis has debuted a music video for "Jerk Ribs", the first single off her new album. The four-minute colorful clip finds the singer preparing herself for a glamorous photo shoot before turning the streets of Mexico into a catwalk.
In another scene, she's seen performing at a garden party where a giraffe later makes a cameo appearance. "This song is the cornerstone of my album," Kelis told TIME. "So I wanted the video to look like my life, my love-back to the beginning."
"Jerk Ribs" will be featured in "Food", Kelis sixth album that's scheduled to be released on April 22. "It's very dramatic, and I'm really excited about it," the star recently talked about the record that was produced by David Sitek. "I don't rush to put albums out, so when I do I like to wallow in them a bit."
Kelis isn't only working on her music. The 34-year-old entertainer, who's trained as a chef at Le Cordon Bleu, will star on her own show on the Cooking Channel called "Saucy and Sweet". The show's premiering on February 26.
Kelis' "Jerk Ribs" music video
- Selena Gomez Chops Off Her Hair - See Her New Short Haircut!
- DC to Bring Beast Boy to Life in Live-Action Series 'Titans'
- 'Star Wars Episode IX', 'Indiana Jones 5', 'Frozen 2' Get Release Dates
- Is DC Comedy 'Powerless' Canceled by NBC?
- Seth Rogen and Billy Eichner Join Live-Action 'Lion King'
- Report: Blake Shelon Is Hiding Shameful Family Secrets From Gwen Stefani
- Kim Kardashian Hits Back at Haters Over Her Unretouched Bikini Photos
- Are J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Readying New Show Together?