Kelis Visits Mexico for Colorful 'Jerk Ribs' Music Video
Kelis has debuted a music video for "Jerk Ribs", the first single off her new album. The four-minute colorful clip finds the singer preparing herself for a glamorous photo shoot before turning the streets of Mexico into a catwalk.
In another scene, she's seen performing at a garden party where a giraffe later makes a cameo appearance. "This song is the cornerstone of my album," Kelis told TIME. "So I wanted the video to look like my life, my love-back to the beginning."
"Jerk Ribs" will be featured in "Food", Kelis sixth album that's scheduled to be released on April 22. "It's very dramatic, and I'm really excited about it," the star recently talked about the record that was produced by David Sitek. "I don't rush to put albums out, so when I do I like to wallow in them a bit."
Kelis isn't only working on her music. The 34-year-old entertainer, who's trained as a chef at Le Cordon Bleu, will star on her own show on the Cooking Channel called "Saucy and Sweet". The show's premiering on February 26.
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'