CBS Developing New 'CSI' Spin-Off
"CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" will soon get a new companion. After CBS canceled "CSI: Miami" in 2012 and "CSI: NY" in 2013, the network is now planning another spin-off to the crime drama series.
Series creator Anthony E. Zuiker teams up with Carol Mendelsohn and Ann Donahue to pen the script for the back-door pilot, which will air as a "CSI" episode in spring. The spin-off is inspired by producer Mary Aiken's work as a cyber-psychologist.
The potential new series will center on Avery Ryan, special agent in charge at the Cyber Crime Division of the FBI in Quantico, VA, who is tasked to solve high-octane crimes that start in the mind, live on-line, and play out into the real world. The official logline reads, "Technology, as we know it, has amplified human behavior to the point where faceless criminals are committing crimes at global proportions with a touch of a button."
Casting has not been completed and CBS will decide by mid-May whether to pick it up to series or not. "CSI" executive producers Zuiker, Donahue and Carol Mendelsohn will executive produce the newest spin-off along with Jerry Bruckheimer and Jonathan Littman.
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger
- Meet the Ravagers From 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'