CBS Developing New 'CSI' Spin-Off
"CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" will soon get a new companion. After CBS canceled "CSI: Miami" in 2012 and "CSI: NY" in 2013, the network is now planning another spin-off to the crime drama series.
Series creator Anthony E. Zuiker teams up with Carol Mendelsohn and Ann Donahue to pen the script for the back-door pilot, which will air as a "CSI" episode in spring. The spin-off is inspired by producer Mary Aiken's work as a cyber-psychologist.
The potential new series will center on Avery Ryan, special agent in charge at the Cyber Crime Division of the FBI in Quantico, VA, who is tasked to solve high-octane crimes that start in the mind, live on-line, and play out into the real world. The official logline reads, "Technology, as we know it, has amplified human behavior to the point where faceless criminals are committing crimes at global proportions with a touch of a button."
Casting has not been completed and CBS will decide by mid-May whether to pick it up to series or not. "CSI" executive producers Zuiker, Donahue and Carol Mendelsohn will executive produce the newest spin-off along with Jerry Bruckheimer and Jonathan Littman.
- 'Fate of the Furious' Will Start a New Trilogy, Vin Diesel Says
- Nicki Minaj Flaunts Her Body in Gucci Mane's 'Make Love' Music Video
- See David Beckham's Face Ruined for 'King Arthur' Movie!
- Lamar Odom Admits to Drugs Abuse and Multiple Affairs During Khloe Kardashian Marriage
- Pennywise the Clown Preys on Kids in 'It' Teaser Trailer
- Portia de Rossi Wants Ellen DeGeneres to Enter Rehab
- Kelly Ripa Involved in Drug Overdose Scandal
- Justin Timberlake Teases His Upcoming Collab With Timbaland and Pharrell