CBS Developing New 'CSI' Spin-Off
"CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" will soon get a new companion. After CBS canceled "CSI: Miami" in 2012 and "CSI: NY" in 2013, the network is now planning another spin-off to the crime drama series.
Series creator Anthony E. Zuiker teams up with Carol Mendelsohn and Ann Donahue to pen the script for the back-door pilot, which will air as a "CSI" episode in spring. The spin-off is inspired by producer Mary Aiken's work as a cyber-psychologist.
The potential new series will center on Avery Ryan, special agent in charge at the Cyber Crime Division of the FBI in Quantico, VA, who is tasked to solve high-octane crimes that start in the mind, live on-line, and play out into the real world. The official logline reads, "Technology, as we know it, has amplified human behavior to the point where faceless criminals are committing crimes at global proportions with a touch of a button."
Casting has not been completed and CBS will decide by mid-May whether to pick it up to series or not. "CSI" executive producers Zuiker, Donahue and Carol Mendelsohn will executive produce the newest spin-off along with Jerry Bruckheimer and Jonathan Littman.
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!