CBS Developing New 'CSI' Spin-Off
"CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" will soon get a new companion. After CBS canceled "CSI: Miami" in 2012 and "CSI: NY" in 2013, the network is now planning another spin-off to the crime drama series.
Series creator Anthony E. Zuiker teams up with Carol Mendelsohn and Ann Donahue to pen the script for the back-door pilot, which will air as a "CSI" episode in spring. The spin-off is inspired by producer Mary Aiken's work as a cyber-psychologist.
The potential new series will center on Avery Ryan, special agent in charge at the Cyber Crime Division of the FBI in Quantico, VA, who is tasked to solve high-octane crimes that start in the mind, live on-line, and play out into the real world. The official logline reads, "Technology, as we know it, has amplified human behavior to the point where faceless criminals are committing crimes at global proportions with a touch of a button."
Casting has not been completed and CBS will decide by mid-May whether to pick it up to series or not. "CSI" executive producers Zuiker, Donahue and Carol Mendelsohn will executive produce the newest spin-off along with Jerry Bruckheimer and Jonathan Littman.
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?