'Guardians of the Galaxy' Releases Teaser Trailer
The first teaser trailer for "Guardians of the Galaxy" has arrived for viewing pleasure. Clocking at around 15 seconds, it is filled with tantalizing glimpses at the whole crew led by Star-Lord a.k.a. Peter Quill (Chris Pratt) in action and a group of what seems to be prisoners.
Quill, taken from Earth as a 9-year-old, possesses a mysterious orb artifact and pilots the Milano, the muscle car of a spacecraft. His path crosses with Gamora (Zoe Saldana), Drax (Dave Bautista), Rocket Raccoon (Bradley Cooper), and Groot (Vin Diesel) in the space prison Kyln.
After breaking out from the jail, they venture to Knowhere, the severed head of a celestial being that serves as a hangout for aliens, and visit the weird menagerie of the Collector (Benicio Del Toro). They have to avoid two villains, Ronan (Lee Pace) and Nebula (Karen Gillan), who are in hot pursuit of Quill's orb, which has the power to destroy the galaxy.
Directed and written by James Gunn, the film will be released in the United States on August 1 in 3D. The full trailer is set to debut Tuesday night, February 18 on "Jimmy Kimmel Live!".
More Guardians of the Galaxy News
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group
- Artist of the Week: DJ Snake
- Idris Elba Confirms He Is Done Filming His Part in 'The Dark Tower'
- Kylie Jenner Gets Banned From Entering Club Where Tyga Performs. Here's Why