My Chemical Romance Debuts Final Song 'Fake Your Death'
My Chemical Romance has debuted a brand new song that they recorded before announcing their disbandment last year. The track called "Fake Your Death" was premiered on BBC Radio 1 show on Monday, February 17.
"I consider 'Fake Your Death' to be the 'last MCR song,' " My Chemical Romance's vocalist Gerard Way has said of the track. "To me, it is absolutely the final fully realized collaboration between the members of the band."
"What was not so obvious at the time was that the song was, and would serve as, a eulogy for the band, though I should have known it from the lyrics. I think internally I did, as I felt an odd sense of sadness and loss after hearing back the words on top of the music," he added.
"Fake Your Death" will appear in "May Death Never Stop You: The Greatest Hits 2001-2013", the band's upcoming album. The track is also featured in the trailer video for the compilation set which will be released on March 24.
"The title is fitting," the band said of the album's title in a statement. "Because as sad as it was to say goodbye to the band, we look at this collection as a celebration of our best songs, and hope the memory of them continues to bring joy to you all as they have for us. We hope you take the journey with us into MCR's past, and enjoy the small taste of what might have been."
In addition to "Fake Your Death", the record will include the band's hits like "Helena", "I'm Not Okay (I Promise)", "Welcome to the Black Parade", "Teenagers" and "The Ghost of You".
- Caitlyn Jenner to Become Mom Next Year as She's Banned From Meeting Baby Dream
- Rihanna Squashes Beyonce Grammys Feud Rumors: 'This Is Just Unnecessary!'
- Zac Efron Goes Shirtless in Teaser Trailer for 'Baywatch'
- 'Reign' Canceled by The CW After 4 Seasons
- It's Official! Joe Jonas and Sophie Turner Are Dating
- Are Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera Collaborating on New 'Glory' Remix?
- Sia Splits From Husband of Two Years, Erik Anders Lang
- Is Angelina Jolie Giving Brad Pitt a Second Chance?