Rapper Soulja Boy Reveals He's Going to Jail
Rapper Soulja Boy out of the blue announced that he would go to jail in a few days. The rapper, whose real name is DeAndre Way, took to Twitter to share the news to fans on Saturday, February 15. "5 more days until I go to jail. Appreciate everyone who was there for me while I needed y'all," he wrote. Soulja did not share more info about the jail stint.
Late last month, Soulja had a run in with the law after he was accused of carrying a loaded gun. According to TMZ, he was pulled over after running a stop sign in the San Fernando Valley, Los Angeles on January 22. The officer reportedly saw him carrying a loaded gun and he was booked on a felony charge as the result.
"It's just being young and being successful," Soulja said of the arrest in an interview with DJ Whoo Kid. "I feel like, if I was a regular person, it wouldn't get promoted in the media. Me and Bieber we were just chilling. We just young and having fun. They pulled over the Bentley, they pulled over the Ferrari. Why are they pulling us over in the first place? We just gone deal with it. All my fans that's been rocking with me through everything I salute to y'all and appreciate the support."
In addition to the January arrest, he was charged with obstruction of justice in 2009 after running from the police when doing a video filming in an abandoned building. He also had another legal problem in 2011 when he was arrested on felony drug and gun charges.
More Soulja Boy News
- Dakota Fanning's Parents Are Divorcing After 27 Years of Marriage
- Kevin Jonas Welcomes His Second Child With Wife Danielle
- Mariah Carey's Rep Reveals Lovers' Quarrel in Greece Leads to Her Split From James Packer
- 'Will and Grace' Revival in the Works
- Jealous Rob Kardashian Under Investigation for Threatening Blac Chyna's Alleged Lover
- 'Cormoran Strike' Series Based on J.K. Rowling's Novels Lands at HBO
- Miley Cyrus Talks Engagement Ring That She Puts Back On After Liam Hemsworth Reconciliation
- Raven-Symone Leaving 'The View' For 'That's So Raven' Spin-Off