Lily Allen Turns Into Video Game Character in 'L8 CMMR' Lyric Video
Earlier this month, Lily Allen shared "L8 CMMR" which she recorded for Lena Dunham's HBO TV series "Girls". Now the song, which was produced and co-written by Greg Kurstin, has an accompanying lyric video so fans can sing along while listening to the fun pop jam.
Arriving on Monday, February 17, the clip features the British songbird as a character of retro video games. The pixellated version of Allen is trying to win her lover's heart by collecting the cigarettes and wine bottles in "Super Mario"-esque setting, participating in a tennis match and shooting the lyrics in a game that resembles "Space Invaders".
While Allen is working hard to complete each game, the song's lyrics that are written in yellow letters flash on the screen. "And when I see his face/ I feel like I can win the race/ And when he calls, when he calls my name/ I know we're in the long game," she sings the chorus. "Why would I leave him for?/ I couldn't ask for any more/ I wouldn't send, I wouldn't send him back/ He won me, game, set and match."
"L8 CMMR" will be included in "Girls, Vol. 2: All Adventurous Women Do..." soundtrack album that is due out on February 11.
Meanwhile, Allen is now working on her third album that's expected to arrive later this year. She recently dropped the music video for "Air Balloon", the second single off the record.
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'
- Denzel Washington and Viola Davis Argue Over Their Hard Lives in 'Fences' Teaser Trailer
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?