Ellen Page Feels 'Grateful' After Coming Out as Gay
Ellen Page has received outporing support from people, including fellow stars, since making her coming out speech last week. The 26-year-old actress later took to Twitter to thank people for the kind words. "Just wanted to take a moment to say how moved I am by all the support. I feel profoundly grateful right now. xxxx," so she wrote on Sunday, February 16.
Page revealed her sexual preference in a speech at a Time to THRIVE conference which took place at Bally's Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas, Nevada on Friday. "I am tired of hiding and I am tired of lying by omission. I suffered for years because I was scared to be out. My spirit suffered, my mental health suffered and my relationships suffered," she explained why she decided to come out of the closet.
Openly gay celebrities Jane Lynch, Jesse Tyler Ferguson and Ricky Martin were among those who have shown their support to Page. Kristen Bell also applauded the "Juno" star, "Rivited by @EllenPage's fabulous speech. So honest & funny & articulate. She Shines. Happy Valentines day to ALL."
On Sunday, the "Inception" actress looked happy as she was spotted ordering a coffee at a branch of Starbucks in Montreal. She will be seen reprising her role as Kitty Pryde / Shadowcat in "X-Men: Days of Future Past" which is due May 23.
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3