Kate Middleton and Queen Elizabeth II Welcome Stars to Buckingham Palace
Kate Middleton and Queen Elizabeth II greeted some screen and stage actors including Helen Mirren at the Buckingham Palace on Monday, February 17. The reception was a celebration of the Queen's 60 years as patron of the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art and the wider contribution that the dramatic arts make to national life.
Wearing a red Alexander McQueen dress which she first wore at the Thames Diamond Jubilee Pageant in 2012, the Duchess of Cambridge styled her hair loose. She also wore Prada shoes, held an Anya Hindmarch "Maud" clutch and sported Cassandra Goad "Temple of Heaven" earrings while greeting the guests. The Queen opted for a blue dress that night.
In addition to Mirren, who played Queen Elizabeth II in 2006's "The Queen", the event was attended by other stars such as Uma Thurman, Hugh Laurie, Helena Bonham Carter, Joan Collins, Joely Richardson, Gemma Arterton, Roger Moore, Steve McQueen, Harvey Weinstein, Ralph Fiennes, and Angela Lansbury. The guests later watched short performances in the Ballroom.
"My husband called you granny last night," the Duchess told Mirren, referring to the BAFTAS on Sunday where Prince William presented a fellowship to the actress. "How delightful she was. Very sweet," Mirren recalled, as reported by U.K.'s The Telegraph.
When asked if she was star-struck, Mirren said, "Of course, even more so I think because I feel self-conscious, you know." She added, "I am genuinely always astounded by her aura, her twinkle, her presence. It never fails to surprise me and again it's what everyone says when they meet her - it was what overwhelmed me the first time I met her." Thurman additionally said of the experience, "It's such a privilege, such an honor. I am chuffed and overwhelmed."
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says