Kate Middleton and Queen Elizabeth II Welcome Stars to Buckingham Palace
Kate Middleton and Queen Elizabeth II greeted some screen and stage actors including Helen Mirren at the Buckingham Palace on Monday, February 17. The reception was a celebration of the Queen's 60 years as patron of the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art and the wider contribution that the dramatic arts make to national life.
Wearing a red Alexander McQueen dress which she first wore at the Thames Diamond Jubilee Pageant in 2012, the Duchess of Cambridge styled her hair loose. She also wore Prada shoes, held an Anya Hindmarch "Maud" clutch and sported Cassandra Goad "Temple of Heaven" earrings while greeting the guests. The Queen opted for a blue dress that night.
In addition to Mirren, who played Queen Elizabeth II in 2006's "The Queen", the event was attended by other stars such as Uma Thurman, Hugh Laurie, Helena Bonham Carter, Joan Collins, Joely Richardson, Gemma Arterton, Roger Moore, Steve McQueen, Harvey Weinstein, Ralph Fiennes, and Angela Lansbury. The guests later watched short performances in the Ballroom.
"My husband called you granny last night," the Duchess told Mirren, referring to the BAFTAS on Sunday where Prince William presented a fellowship to the actress. "How delightful she was. Very sweet," Mirren recalled, as reported by U.K.'s The Telegraph.
When asked if she was star-struck, Mirren said, "Of course, even more so I think because I feel self-conscious, you know." She added, "I am genuinely always astounded by her aura, her twinkle, her presence. It never fails to surprise me and again it's what everyone says when they meet her - it was what overwhelmed me the first time I met her." Thurman additionally said of the experience, "It's such a privilege, such an honor. I am chuffed and overwhelmed."
- Nick Jonas Gets Cozy With Bikini Hottie in Hawaii
- Brad Pitt Bails on Movie Screening to Focus on 'Family Situation' Amid Angelina Jolie Divorce
- 'The Strain' Renewed for Fourth and Final Season
- Justin Theroux Slams Media for Thrusting Jennifer Aniston Into Brangelina's Divorce
- Gigi Hadid on Fighting Off Her Attacker in Milan: 'I Felt I Was in Danger'
- Video Premiere: Hailee Steinfeld's 'Starving' Ft. Zedd
- Brody Jenner Throws Tantrum After Getting Kicked Off Hotel
- Justin Bieber and Beyonce Knowles Lead Nominations for 2016 MTV EMAs