'Green Acres' Star Mary Grace Canfield Dies at 89
Actress Mary Grace Canfield, who probably is mostly remembered for her appearance as Ralph Monroe on TV comedy "Green Acres", has passed away. She was 89. Canfield's daughter Phoebe Alexiades told the Associated Press that her mother passed away on Saturday, February 15 at a Santa Barbara hospice. She suffered from lung cancer prior to her death.
Canfield was born in Rochester, N.Y., on Sept. 3, 1924. She went to an acting school by Jason Deeter in Rose Valley, Pa. when she was young. "I didn't want to go to college because I knew exactly what I wanted to do. Later, when I asked my parents what they thought of this little skinny girl wanting to be an actress, they said they were so relieved that I wanted to do something," she said, as quoted by L.A. Times.
Canfield took part in Broadway plays before starting acting career in Hollywood. In addition to her appearance on "Green Acres", which ran from 1965 to 1971, she appeared on other TV shows such as "General Hospital", "The Hathaways" and 1960s series "Bewitched". Her movie credits included 1960's "Pollyanna" and "Something Wicked This Way Comes".
In addition to Alexiades, Canfield is survived by her husband John Bischof, another daughter Alison Carey and three grandsons.
- Viola Davis to Lead All-Female Heist Movie From '12 Years a Slave' Director Steve McQueen
- Nick Jonas Gets Cozy With Bikini Hottie in Hawaii
- Brad Pitt Bails on Movie Screening to Focus on 'Family Situation' Amid Angelina Jolie Divorce
- 'The Strain' Renewed for Fourth and Final Season
- Justin Theroux Slams Media for Thrusting Jennifer Aniston Into Brangelina's Divorce
- Gigi Hadid on Fighting Off Her Attacker in Milan: 'I Felt I Was in Danger'
- Video Premiere: Hailee Steinfeld's 'Starving' Ft. Zedd
- Brody Jenner Throws Tantrum After Getting Kicked Off Hotel