'Green Acres' Star Mary Grace Canfield Dies at 89
Actress Mary Grace Canfield, who probably is mostly remembered for her appearance as Ralph Monroe on TV comedy "Green Acres", has passed away. She was 89. Canfield's daughter Phoebe Alexiades told the Associated Press that her mother passed away on Saturday, February 15 at a Santa Barbara hospice. She suffered from lung cancer prior to her death.
Canfield was born in Rochester, N.Y., on Sept. 3, 1924. She went to an acting school by Jason Deeter in Rose Valley, Pa. when she was young. "I didn't want to go to college because I knew exactly what I wanted to do. Later, when I asked my parents what they thought of this little skinny girl wanting to be an actress, they said they were so relieved that I wanted to do something," she said, as quoted by L.A. Times.
Canfield took part in Broadway plays before starting acting career in Hollywood. In addition to her appearance on "Green Acres", which ran from 1965 to 1971, she appeared on other TV shows such as "General Hospital", "The Hathaways" and 1960s series "Bewitched". Her movie credits included 1960's "Pollyanna" and "Something Wicked This Way Comes".
In addition to Alexiades, Canfield is survived by her husband John Bischof, another daughter Alison Carey and three grandsons.
- Kylie Jenner Shows Off Her New Accessory, Teeth Grills. Is She Copying Tyga?
- Skrillex Could Prove How He Created Justin Bieber's 'Sorry' Amid Lawsuit
- Tom Hiddleston in 'Advance Talks' to Star in 'Bond 25'
- Beyonce Steps Out With Jay-Z Wearing Bright Yellow Pants and Tiny Lemon Sticker on Her Phone
- Johnny Depp's Lawyer Reacts to Amber Heard's Domestic Abuse Claims
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday