'Green Acres' Star Mary Grace Canfield Dies at 89
Actress Mary Grace Canfield, who probably is mostly remembered for her appearance as Ralph Monroe on TV comedy "Green Acres", has passed away. She was 89. Canfield's daughter Phoebe Alexiades told the Associated Press that her mother passed away on Saturday, February 15 at a Santa Barbara hospice. She suffered from lung cancer prior to her death.
Canfield was born in Rochester, N.Y., on Sept. 3, 1924. She went to an acting school by Jason Deeter in Rose Valley, Pa. when she was young. "I didn't want to go to college because I knew exactly what I wanted to do. Later, when I asked my parents what they thought of this little skinny girl wanting to be an actress, they said they were so relieved that I wanted to do something," she said, as quoted by L.A. Times.
Canfield took part in Broadway plays before starting acting career in Hollywood. In addition to her appearance on "Green Acres", which ran from 1965 to 1971, she appeared on other TV shows such as "General Hospital", "The Hathaways" and 1960s series "Bewitched". Her movie credits included 1960's "Pollyanna" and "Something Wicked This Way Comes".
In addition to Alexiades, Canfield is survived by her husband John Bischof, another daughter Alison Carey and three grandsons.
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet
- Rihanna Swarmed by Her Fans in 'Goodnight Gotham' Music Video
- Tony Parker Welcomes Second Child With Wife Axelle Francine
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo
- 'Sesame Street' Reconsiders Layoffs After Public Outcry, Actor Says