Set Video of 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Sees Hulk's Destruction Scenes
The first sneak peek at "Avengers: Age of Ultron" has landed online. Some on-set videos feature the crew filming some destruction scenes with a pre-CGI Hulk on the street of Johannesburg. A truck getting smashed and people running in fright are seen to portray the chaos.
The first few minutes of the film will happen in the South African city. "Often you will find filmmakers will shoot in Johannesburg and portray the location as Los Angeles. This time around the first 10 minutes of the film will be of Johannesburg," Gauteng Film Commission's (GFC) Desmond Mthembu, told EWN as quoted by SA Breaking News.
Directed by Joss Whedon, "Age of Ultron" is set for a May 1, 2015 release. It stars Robert Downey Jr. as Iron Man, Scarlett Johansson as Black Widow, Chris Hemsworth as Thor, Chris Evans as Captain America, Mark Ruffalo as The Hulk, and Jeremy Renner as Hawkeye. Samuel L. Jackson will also return as Agent Nick Fury.
The movie adds James Spader as Ultron, Elizabeth Olsen as Scarlet Witch, Aaron Johnson as Quicksilver, and Thomas Kretschmann as Baron Wolfgang von Strucker. Paul Bettany who voiced Tony Stark's AI in the previous "Iron Man" films gets a bigger role as The Vision, and Don Cheadle is expected to reprise his role as Col. James 'Rhodey' Rhodes.
Scene from Avengers 2 shot in the Johannesburg CBD pic.twitter.com/BD9XxK8znc— Rashad Mia (@RashadMia187) February 17, 2014
- Daniel Craig and Rachel Weisz Are 'Living Separate Lives'
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Spin-Off 'Mayans MC' Taps John Ortiz to Star as New Charter President
- Selena Gomez May Dump The Weeknd After He's Caught Texting Ex Bella Hadid
- BRIT Awards 2017: David Bowie Wins Top Prizes - See the Full Winner List
- 'Star' and 'Lethal Weapon' Renewed for Second Season on FOX
- Watch Kardashians-Inspired Cat Reality Show 'Keeping Up With The Kattarshians'
- Beyonce and Jay-Z Are Moving to L.A.
- Sara Sampaio Flashes Her Nipple in Sheer Dress at Milan Fashion Week