'RuPaul's Drag Race' Gets Season 7 Order Ahead of Season 6 Debut
"RuPaul's Drag Race" has got an early renewal. Logo TV has ordered a seventh season of the hit reality competition series even before the sixth season premieres Monday, February 24 at 9/8c.
"RuPaul's Drag Race continues to be a perennial fan favorite that has slowly become a pop culture phenomenon attracting a wide-range of viewers," says Logo's vice president of programming, Pamela Post, of giving the show a vote of confidence.
The show's host and executive producer RuPaul, who is also prepping a new album, couldn't be more excited about the news. He says in a statement, "A new album, a season premiere and the official greenlight for season 7... all in the same week!?! I'm so verklemplt I could plotz."
Moreover, the first episode of season 6 (sans the elimination results) is now available on the new Logo viewing app for iPhone and iPad.
Season 7 of the popular competition, which captures RuPaul's search for "America's next drag superstar," kicks off production on Monday with a casting call for contenders. Those interested to join can audition at rdrcasting.com.
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics