'RuPaul's Drag Race' Gets Season 7 Order Ahead of Season 6 Debut
"RuPaul's Drag Race" has got an early renewal. Logo TV has ordered a seventh season of the hit reality competition series even before the sixth season premieres Monday, February 24 at 9/8c.
"RuPaul's Drag Race continues to be a perennial fan favorite that has slowly become a pop culture phenomenon attracting a wide-range of viewers," says Logo's vice president of programming, Pamela Post, of giving the show a vote of confidence.
The show's host and executive producer RuPaul, who is also prepping a new album, couldn't be more excited about the news. He says in a statement, "A new album, a season premiere and the official greenlight for season 7... all in the same week!?! I'm so verklemplt I could plotz."
Moreover, the first episode of season 6 (sans the elimination results) is now available on the new Logo viewing app for iPhone and iPad.
Season 7 of the popular competition, which captures RuPaul's search for "America's next drag superstar," kicks off production on Monday with a casting call for contenders. Those interested to join can audition at rdrcasting.com.
More RuPaul's Drag Race News
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival