'RuPaul's Drag Race' Gets Season 7 Order Ahead of Season 6 Debut
"RuPaul's Drag Race" has got an early renewal. Logo TV has ordered a seventh season of the hit reality competition series even before the sixth season premieres Monday, February 24 at 9/8c.
"RuPaul's Drag Race continues to be a perennial fan favorite that has slowly become a pop culture phenomenon attracting a wide-range of viewers," says Logo's vice president of programming, Pamela Post, of giving the show a vote of confidence.
The show's host and executive producer RuPaul, who is also prepping a new album, couldn't be more excited about the news. He says in a statement, "A new album, a season premiere and the official greenlight for season 7... all in the same week!?! I'm so verklemplt I could plotz."
Moreover, the first episode of season 6 (sans the elimination results) is now available on the new Logo viewing app for iPhone and iPad.
Season 7 of the popular competition, which captures RuPaul's search for "America's next drag superstar," kicks off production on Monday with a casting call for contenders. Those interested to join can audition at rdrcasting.com.
More RuPaul's Drag Race News
- 'Full Frontal with Samantha Bee' Resurrects Will Ferrel's Dubya Impersonation in 'Not WHCD'
- Liam Payne and Cheryl's Baby Name Allegedly Revealed
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld and Alessia Cara's Performances at 2017 Radio Disney Music Awards
- Are They Splitting Up? Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Thompson Have 'Explosive' Fights
- 'Fate of the Furious' Stays Atop Box Office for Third Consecutive Weekend, Passes $1B Worlwide
- 'Last Ship' Halts Production as Eric Dane Battles Depression
- Little Mix, Justin Bieber and Bruno Mars Among Winners at Radio Disney Music Awards 2017
- Radio Disney Music Awards 2017: Noah Cyrus, Camila Cabello and Sabrina Carpenter Stun on Red Carpet