'RuPaul's Drag Race' Gets Season 7 Order Ahead of Season 6 Debut
"RuPaul's Drag Race" has got an early renewal. Logo TV has ordered a seventh season of the hit reality competition series even before the sixth season premieres Monday, February 24 at 9/8c.
"RuPaul's Drag Race continues to be a perennial fan favorite that has slowly become a pop culture phenomenon attracting a wide-range of viewers," says Logo's vice president of programming, Pamela Post, of giving the show a vote of confidence.
The show's host and executive producer RuPaul, who is also prepping a new album, couldn't be more excited about the news. He says in a statement, "A new album, a season premiere and the official greenlight for season 7... all in the same week!?! I'm so verklemplt I could plotz."
Moreover, the first episode of season 6 (sans the elimination results) is now available on the new Logo viewing app for iPhone and iPad.
Season 7 of the popular competition, which captures RuPaul's search for "America's next drag superstar," kicks off production on Monday with a casting call for contenders. Those interested to join can audition at rdrcasting.com.
More RuPaul's Drag Race News
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby