'RuPaul's Drag Race' Gets Season 7 Order Ahead of Season 6 Debut
"RuPaul's Drag Race" has got an early renewal. Logo TV has ordered a seventh season of the hit reality competition series even before the sixth season premieres Monday, February 24 at 9/8c.
"RuPaul's Drag Race continues to be a perennial fan favorite that has slowly become a pop culture phenomenon attracting a wide-range of viewers," says Logo's vice president of programming, Pamela Post, of giving the show a vote of confidence.
The show's host and executive producer RuPaul, who is also prepping a new album, couldn't be more excited about the news. He says in a statement, "A new album, a season premiere and the official greenlight for season 7... all in the same week!?! I'm so verklemplt I could plotz."
Moreover, the first episode of season 6 (sans the elimination results) is now available on the new Logo viewing app for iPhone and iPad.
Season 7 of the popular competition, which captures RuPaul's search for "America's next drag superstar," kicks off production on Monday with a casting call for contenders. Those interested to join can audition at rdrcasting.com.
- Gavin Rossdale Follows Gwen Stefani's Lead, Joins 'The Voice UK' as New Judge
- Report: Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Expecting Baby Boy
- Watch Benedict Cumberbatch's Full Performance With Pink Floyd's David Gilmour at London Concert
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reportedly 'Living Separate Lives' Before Split
- What Breakup? Rob Kardashian Snapchats Blac Chyna's Belly Amid Baby Shower Drama
- 'NCIS' Showrunner Gary Glasberg Dies in His Sleep, the Show 'Will Not Be the Same Without Him'
- Idris Elba Teams Up With Pickpocket to Take on Terrorists in New 'The Take' Trailer
- Arrow Meets Supergirl in New Teaser of Upcoming Crossover