'Pushing Daisies' Prepped for Stage Musical Production
"Pushing Daisies", the critically-acclaimed comedy-drama that many thought was canceled too soon, may be revived on stage. The show's creator Bryan Fuller acknowledged that the show was being prepped for a musical adaptation.
Fuller, who has been casually dropping hints about "Pushing Daisies" revival since 2012, is a step ahead in the plan. "I've had conversations very recently with Barry Sonnenfeld about financing a film, and with Kristin Chenoweth and Warner Brothers about developing a stage musical," Fuller told BroadwayWorld.com.
Fuller previously told TVLine in an interview, "We're working on something that is definitely a Pushing Daisies revival, and the idea would be to have as many cast as we can to participate in it."
"Pushing Daisies", which won 7 Primetime Emmy nominations during its run, was canceled in 2009 after two seasons. ABC gave it the ax after a series of low-rated episodes. When speaking of the show's end, Fuller said at that time, "To be honest, I am so proud of the show. We put together 22 really good episodes. I'm sure I'll be working with a lot of these people again, and I would love to do so."
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3