'Pushing Daisies' Prepped for Stage Musical Production
"Pushing Daisies", the critically-acclaimed comedy-drama that many thought was canceled too soon, may be revived on stage. The show's creator Bryan Fuller acknowledged that the show was being prepped for a musical adaptation.
Fuller, who has been casually dropping hints about "Pushing Daisies" revival since 2012, is a step ahead in the plan. "I've had conversations very recently with Barry Sonnenfeld about financing a film, and with Kristin Chenoweth and Warner Brothers about developing a stage musical," Fuller told BroadwayWorld.com.
Fuller previously told TVLine in an interview, "We're working on something that is definitely a Pushing Daisies revival, and the idea would be to have as many cast as we can to participate in it."
"Pushing Daisies", which won 7 Primetime Emmy nominations during its run, was canceled in 2009 after two seasons. ABC gave it the ax after a series of low-rated episodes. When speaking of the show's end, Fuller said at that time, "To be honest, I am so proud of the show. We put together 22 really good episodes. I'm sure I'll be working with a lot of these people again, and I would love to do so."
- Kylie Jenner Teases Her Secret Project in Seductive Instagram Photos
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 8 Could Have More Than Six Episodes
- Alec Baldwin, Mark Ruffalo and Michael Moore Stage a Star-Studded Anti-Trump Protest in NYC
- 'Good Behavior' Gets Season 2 Renewal
- Hailee Steinfeld Confirms Her Return for 'Pitch Perfect 3'
- Jenna Dewan Having 'Big Fight' With Channing Tatum Over Her Nude Photo
- Katy Perry Goes Blonde as She Throws Surprise Birthday Bash for Orlando Bloom
- Ariana Grande Flaunts Her Slender Body in Pics to Tease Her Upcoming Tour