'Pushing Daisies' Prepped for Stage Musical Production
"Pushing Daisies", the critically-acclaimed comedy-drama that many thought was canceled too soon, may be revived on stage. The show's creator Bryan Fuller acknowledged that the show was being prepped for a musical adaptation.
Fuller, who has been casually dropping hints about "Pushing Daisies" revival since 2012, is a step ahead in the plan. "I've had conversations very recently with Barry Sonnenfeld about financing a film, and with Kristin Chenoweth and Warner Brothers about developing a stage musical," Fuller told BroadwayWorld.com.
Fuller previously told TVLine in an interview, "We're working on something that is definitely a Pushing Daisies revival, and the idea would be to have as many cast as we can to participate in it."
"Pushing Daisies", which won 7 Primetime Emmy nominations during its run, was canceled in 2009 after two seasons. ABC gave it the ax after a series of low-rated episodes. When speaking of the show's end, Fuller said at that time, "To be honest, I am so proud of the show. We put together 22 really good episodes. I'm sure I'll be working with a lot of these people again, and I would love to do so."
- Drew Barrymore in Talks to Host New Talk Show
- Kanye West Signs New Partnership With Adidas to Expand Yeezy Brand
- Dennis Quaid's Wife Kimberly Files for Divorce for Second Time
- Chris Brown Rants on Instagram After Falling Out with Manager and Publicist
- Calvin Harris Won't Date Another Celebrity Thanks to 'Narcissist' Taylor Swift
- Fans Petition 'Star Wars' to Include First Gay Character to Honor Orlando Victims
- Get to Know More About 'The Walking Dead' Villain Negan! His Backstory Is Revealed in Comics
- Rihanna Shares 'Saucy' Video of Her Crotch