'Pushing Daisies' Prepped for Stage Musical Production
"Pushing Daisies", the critically-acclaimed comedy-drama that many thought was canceled too soon, may be revived on stage. The show's creator Bryan Fuller acknowledged that the show was being prepped for a musical adaptation.
Fuller, who has been casually dropping hints about "Pushing Daisies" revival since 2012, is a step ahead in the plan. "I've had conversations very recently with Barry Sonnenfeld about financing a film, and with Kristin Chenoweth and Warner Brothers about developing a stage musical," Fuller told BroadwayWorld.com.
Fuller previously told TVLine in an interview, "We're working on something that is definitely a Pushing Daisies revival, and the idea would be to have as many cast as we can to participate in it."
"Pushing Daisies", which won 7 Primetime Emmy nominations during its run, was canceled in 2009 after two seasons. ABC gave it the ax after a series of low-rated episodes. When speaking of the show's end, Fuller said at that time, "To be honest, I am so proud of the show. We put together 22 really good episodes. I'm sure I'll be working with a lot of these people again, and I would love to do so."
- CBS Renews 16 Series for 2017-2018 Season - Find Out Which Show Makes the Cut
- Rihanna Is Reportedly Not Surprised With Drake's New Sade Tattoo. Find Out Why
- It's Finally Here! Zayn Malik Releases New Single 'Still Got Time' Ft. PARTYNEXTDOOR
- Mariah Carey Plans to Throw More 'Subtle Shade' at Nicki Minaj
- Report: Generous George Clooney Under FBI Investigation for Money Laundering
- 'Justice League' Character Posters and Teasers Are Out, First Trailer Will Be Released Soon
- 'Twin Peaks' Revival: First Photos and Details Are Revealed
- FOX's' X-Men' Pilot 'Gifted' Unveils First BTS Photo Featuring Amy Acker