Trey Songz Announces New Album's Title and Release Date
Trey Songz spread happiness when he recently attended a Get Schooled Foundation event in New Era High in Baltimore. After surprising the students by serving as their principal for a day, the rapper revealed some exclusive details about his new album that's currently still in the works.
He told the students that his next project would be called "Trigga", which is his nickname. "This is the first time I'm ever saying this anywhere in the world, this may be subject to change, but as of now the album is coming out June 30th. Ya'll the first people I've ever told in the world," he said as he sat on the stage.
"I'ma be having fun on the album," Trey addded. "There's a lot of great records on there. I worked with a lot of great people and I'm still recording every day."
Trey put out his last album "Chapter V" in August 2012. Featuring appearances from the likes of Lil Wayne, Rick Ross and Meek Mill, the record peaked at No. 1 on Billboard 200.
The "Heart Attack" rapper teased his new music by dropping a track called "Na Na" in December. He followed it up with Young Jeezy-assisted "Ordinary". Most recently, he remixed Mariah Carey's newest single "You're Mine (Eternal)" and Nicki Minaj's new track "Lookin A** Ni**a".
More Trey Songz News
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance