Trey Songz Announces New Album's Title and Release Date
Trey Songz spread happiness when he recently attended a Get Schooled Foundation event in New Era High in Baltimore. After surprising the students by serving as their principal for a day, the rapper revealed some exclusive details about his new album that's currently still in the works.
He told the students that his next project would be called "Trigga", which is his nickname. "This is the first time I'm ever saying this anywhere in the world, this may be subject to change, but as of now the album is coming out June 30th. Ya'll the first people I've ever told in the world," he said as he sat on the stage.
"I'ma be having fun on the album," Trey addded. "There's a lot of great records on there. I worked with a lot of great people and I'm still recording every day."
Trey put out his last album "Chapter V" in August 2012. Featuring appearances from the likes of Lil Wayne, Rick Ross and Meek Mill, the record peaked at No. 1 on Billboard 200.
The "Heart Attack" rapper teased his new music by dropping a track called "Na Na" in December. He followed it up with Young Jeezy-assisted "Ordinary". Most recently, he remixed Mariah Carey's newest single "You're Mine (Eternal)" and Nicki Minaj's new track "Lookin A** Ni**a".
More Trey Songz News
- Ivanka Trump Gets Booed by Audience During Berlin Summit, but She's 'Used to It'
- Watch Adam Levine's Heartfelt Tribute to Christina Grimmie on 'The Voice'
- Nick Gordon Has New Girlfriend, a Year After Bobbi Kristina Brown's Death
- Braless Kendall Jenner Flashes Nipples in Sheer One-Piece Swimsuit
- Shania Twain Sparks Plastic Surgery Rumors
- 'Avengers 4' Title Won't Be 'Avengers: Infinity Gauntlet', Says James Gunn
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are 'Okay' Without Having Their Own Kids on Their Relationship
- 'Shadowhunters' Reveals First Look at Sebastian in Season 2B Promo