Kanye West Defends Drake, Slams Rolling Stone in Lengthy Rant During New Jersey Show
Kanye West addressed fellow rapper Drake's headline-making interview with Rolling Stone when he brought his "Yeezus" tour to Newark, New Jersey on Saturday night, February 15. During the show, Kim Kardashian's fiance accused the music magazine of trying to create a rift between him and the Toronto MC.
"I'm gonna tell you what it is about magazines. They always be trying to pit ni**as against each other and that ain't going down no more," he told the crowd at Prudential Center. "So tonight it ain't none of that."
"We love Drake. We love every motherfu**er that put their heart into this motherfu**in' music. If anything, we gon' go after motherfu**ers writing that negativity. Before they print some shit like that, they need to check with me and him and see if it's OK before they get ran up in their motherfu**in' office," he continued.
In Drake's recent interview with Rolling Stone, the "Started From the Bottom" rapper was quoted criticizing West's music. "There were some real questionable bars on there," he allegedly told the mag. "Like that 'Swaghili' line? Come on, man. Even Fabolous wouldn't say some shit like that."
Drizzy later took to Twitter to set the record straight, telling his followers, "I never commented on 'Yeezus' for my interview portion of Rolling Stone."
During his 20-minute rant, West finally took a jab at the Grammys and became the latest artist to weigh in on Macklemore's win. "Macklemore know what it is, he tried, he made some good music, he's a good kid, but y'all know what it is," he said. "Giving me 2 nominations is like giving a waiter a two-dollar tip, Macklemore know what it is."
More Kanye West News
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics