'Back to the Future' Power-Lace Sneakers Coming in 2015
New "Back to the Future"-inspired shoes are announced by Nike. The new model is confirmed to have automatic shoe-laces as seen in the Michael J. Fox classic movie. "Are we gonna see power laces in 2015? To that, I say YES!" designer Tinker Hatfield said to Sole Collector.
Back in 2011, Nike released shoes dubbed Nike MAGs which was similar to the sneakers worn by Fox's Marty McFly but they were without self-lacing feature. Only limited 1,500 pairs were available. The proceeds were donated to the Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research.
There are no words on when the exact release date is, but Marty, in the film, arrived in the future on October 21, 2015. To celebrate the film's 30th anniversary, a musical based on the time-traveling story is also scheduled to be played on London stage in 2015.
- Pregnant Blac Chyna Gets Striptease From Mariah Carey's Dancer on Vegas Stage
- Aziz Ansari Puts Donald Trump on Blast in Scathing Op-Ed Over Anti-Muslim Remarks
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'