'Back to the Future' Power-Lace Sneakers Coming in 2015
New "Back to the Future"-inspired shoes are announced by Nike. The new model is confirmed to have automatic shoe-laces as seen in the Michael J. Fox classic movie. "Are we gonna see power laces in 2015? To that, I say YES!" designer Tinker Hatfield said to Sole Collector.
Back in 2011, Nike released shoes dubbed Nike MAGs which was similar to the sneakers worn by Fox's Marty McFly but they were without self-lacing feature. Only limited 1,500 pairs were available. The proceeds were donated to the Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research.
There are no words on when the exact release date is, but Marty, in the film, arrived in the future on October 21, 2015. To celebrate the film's 30th anniversary, a musical based on the time-traveling story is also scheduled to be played on London stage in 2015.
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'