'Back to the Future' Power-Lace Sneakers Coming in 2015
New "Back to the Future"-inspired shoes are announced by Nike. The new model is confirmed to have automatic shoe-laces as seen in the Michael J. Fox classic movie. "Are we gonna see power laces in 2015? To that, I say YES!" designer Tinker Hatfield said to Sole Collector.
Back in 2011, Nike released shoes dubbed Nike MAGs which was similar to the sneakers worn by Fox's Marty McFly but they were without self-lacing feature. Only limited 1,500 pairs were available. The proceeds were donated to the Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research.
There are no words on when the exact release date is, but Marty, in the film, arrived in the future on October 21, 2015. To celebrate the film's 30th anniversary, a musical based on the time-traveling story is also scheduled to be played on London stage in 2015.
- John Legend Expresses His Anger and Hope in 'In America'
- Ryan Gosling Explains His Giggle During Oscar Fiasco
- Report: Kevin Hart's Wife Eniko Pregnant With Their First Child
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Starts Filming in Scotland, Set Photos and Video Arrive
- 'Orphan Black' Unveils First Photos and Details of Final Season
- Hailey Baldwin Fuels Cameron Dallas Dating Rumors as They're Spotted Grabbing Lunch Together
- Donald Trump and Wife Melania Reportedly Sleep in Separate Bedrooms and Never Spend a Night Together
- Iggy Azalea Is Twerking in Sneak Peek of 'Mo Bounce' Music Video