'Back to the Future' Power-Lace Sneakers Coming in 2015
New "Back to the Future"-inspired shoes are announced by Nike. The new model is confirmed to have automatic shoe-laces as seen in the Michael J. Fox classic movie. "Are we gonna see power laces in 2015? To that, I say YES!" designer Tinker Hatfield said to Sole Collector.
Back in 2011, Nike released shoes dubbed Nike MAGs which was similar to the sneakers worn by Fox's Marty McFly but they were without self-lacing feature. Only limited 1,500 pairs were available. The proceeds were donated to the Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research.
There are no words on when the exact release date is, but Marty, in the film, arrived in the future on October 21, 2015. To celebrate the film's 30th anniversary, a musical based on the time-traveling story is also scheduled to be played on London stage in 2015.
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal