First Trailer for Angelina Jolie's Historical Drama 'Unbroken'
Historical movie "Unbroken" directed by Angelina Jolie has got the first trailer. It gives a sneak peek at the life of Louis Zamperini from a trouble-making kid to becoming an Olympic champion and then a World War II hero. The real-life Olympian, now 97, also appears on the video.
Based on Laura Hillenbrand's 2010 best-selling book "Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption", the movie follows Zamperini during the time he became a prisoner of war. He was taken hostage by the Japanese after his plane crashed. He survived 47 days of enduring hunger and shark attacks, only to wash ashore behind the enemy lines.
The athlete is portrayed by actor Jack O'Connell, while Garrett Hedlund will play Commander John Fitzgerald, a fellow prisoner of war in the Japanese camp where Zamperini was held hostage. The heroic film will be released in the United States on December 25 this year.
- Most Brutal Celebrity vs Paparazzi Fights
- Are 'Riverdale' Stars Cole Sprouse and Lili Reinhart Dating?
- 'Ant-Man and the Wasp': Evangeline Lilly Reacts to Michelle Pfeiffer's Casting as Her On-Screen Mom
- Celebrity Police Unit to Be Discontinued Following Big Bang's T.O.P's Marijuana Scandal
- Cara Delevingne Says She Wants to Be James Bond Amid Bond Girl Rumors
- Johnny Depp Demands Claim He Has 'Psychological Issues' Removed From Court Record
- Cheeky! Emily Ratajkowski Flashes Ample Cleavage in Polka Dot Outfit
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Anthony Scaramucci Hiring as New White House Press Secretary