First Trailer for Angelina Jolie's Historical Drama 'Unbroken'
Historical movie "Unbroken" directed by Angelina Jolie has got the first trailer. It gives a sneak peek at the life of Louis Zamperini from a trouble-making kid to becoming an Olympic champion and then a World War II hero. The real-life Olympian, now 97, also appears on the video.
Based on Laura Hillenbrand's 2010 best-selling book "Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption", the movie follows Zamperini during the time he became a prisoner of war. He was taken hostage by the Japanese after his plane crashed. He survived 47 days of enduring hunger and shark attacks, only to wash ashore behind the enemy lines.
The athlete is portrayed by actor Jack O'Connell, while Garrett Hedlund will play Commander John Fitzgerald, a fellow prisoner of war in the Japanese camp where Zamperini was held hostage. The heroic film will be released in the United States on December 25 this year.
- Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton Hold Off Marriage: They're Just Happily Dating
- Mariah Carey Enjoying Birthday Beach Getaway With Bryan Tanaka - See the Romantic Pic!
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy Sidelined From 'DWTS' Due to Injury. Watch How He Hurt His Calf
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Nipples in Sheer Bra for Love Magazine
- Kanye West in Talks to Join Revival of 'American Idol'
- Midlife Crisis? Leonardo DiCaprio Will Do Anything to Stay Young
- Harry Styles Is 'Terrified' His Debut Solo Single Will Not Sell
- Kim Kardashian Drops Baby Bombshell to Save 'KUWTK' Ratings