Jane Lynch and More Stars React to Ellen Page's Coming Out Speech
Jane Lynch has spoken up after Ellen Page revealed her sexual preference during a speech at Time to THRIVE conference on Friday, February 14. In her speech, the star of "X Men: Days of Future Past" said that she was "tired of lying by omission."
In response to Page's statement, Lynch told PEOPLE at the Makeup Artists and Hair Stylists Guild Awards in Hollywood, "When I was younger, I lied by omission. She should give herself a break and not call it 'lying.' " The openly gay star added, "But I know what it is to feel like you can't be open and honest about your orientation. Good for her!"
Many celebrities took to Twitter to support the 26-year-old star following her coming out speech. "Love love LOVE @EllenPage & the message she sent out today! What a perfect way to end Valentines Day!" Jesse Tyler Ferguson wrote.
"Mad mad mad mad mad mad crazy love and praise for @EllenPage today. Congrats to you, you light, talent, and beauty," Anna Kendrick added. Ricky Martin, meanwhile, tweeted, "Very beautiful Ellen Page!!! [I'm] very happy for you!!! You are free!"
"Rivited by @EllenPage's fabulous speech. So honest & funny & articulate. She Shines. Happy Valentines day to ALL," Kristen Bell said in a Twitter post. "Props to @EllenPage for helping so many people through their daily struggles by courageously leading by example and coming out on V Day!" Emile Hirsch wrote.
- Andi Dorfman Sparks Plastic Surgery Rumors
- Madonna Is Turning to Ex Sean Penn Amid Adoption Crisis
- 'Beauty and the Beast' Will Feature Disney's First Gay Character
- Jay-Z and Chris Martin Enjoy Night Out in WeHo
- Kris Is Convincing Caitlyn Jenner to Return to 'KUWTK' After 'I Am Cait' Cancellation
- Lady GaGa Confirms Coachella Gig With Line-Up Photo
- 'T.I. and Tiny: The Family Hustle' Is Renewed for Season 6 Amid Their Divorce Drama
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Cozying Up to Mystery Brunette Days Before Katy Perry Split