Jane Lynch and More Stars React to Ellen Page's Coming Out Speech
Jane Lynch has spoken up after Ellen Page revealed her sexual preference during a speech at Time to THRIVE conference on Friday, February 14. In her speech, the star of "X Men: Days of Future Past" said that she was "tired of lying by omission."
In response to Page's statement, Lynch told PEOPLE at the Makeup Artists and Hair Stylists Guild Awards in Hollywood, "When I was younger, I lied by omission. She should give herself a break and not call it 'lying.' " The openly gay star added, "But I know what it is to feel like you can't be open and honest about your orientation. Good for her!"
Many celebrities took to Twitter to support the 26-year-old star following her coming out speech. "Love love LOVE @EllenPage & the message she sent out today! What a perfect way to end Valentines Day!" Jesse Tyler Ferguson wrote.
"Mad mad mad mad mad mad crazy love and praise for @EllenPage today. Congrats to you, you light, talent, and beauty," Anna Kendrick added. Ricky Martin, meanwhile, tweeted, "Very beautiful Ellen Page!!! [I'm] very happy for you!!! You are free!"
"Rivited by @EllenPage's fabulous speech. So honest & funny & articulate. She Shines. Happy Valentines day to ALL," Kristen Bell said in a Twitter post. "Props to @EllenPage for helping so many people through their daily struggles by courageously leading by example and coming out on V Day!" Emile Hirsch wrote.
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say
- Is Olivia Culpo Dating Danny Amendola? Here's the Proof
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Worries About 'Anorexic' and 'Fragile' Angelina Jolie
- Dan Aykroyd on Why 'Ghostbusters' Reboot Is Worth Watching: It Has More Laughs and More Scares
- Gwen Stefani Releases Fashionable 'Misery' Music Video
- Harambe the Gorilla Shooting Sparks Outrage Among Hollywood Stars
- Brooklyn Beckham Flaunting His Abs in This Shirtless Selfie Will Make You Drool
- 'Game of Thrones': George R. R. Martin Reveals Brienne's Backstory