'Orange Is the New Black' Season 2 Gets Premiere Date, Debuts First Teaser
After releasing the second season of "House of Cards" on February 14, Netflix has now set the date for the premiere of "Orange Is the New Black" season 2. The new installment of the comedy-drama series, which consists of 13 episodes, will be available for streaming in its entirety on June 6.
In addition to announcing the release date, the streaming media has shared the first teaser for the second season of the AFI Award-winning series. The promo video doesn't reveal any plot details, but reminds fans of what to expect from the Taylor Schilling-starring show.
Taryn Manning, who plays the born-again Christian inmate Tiffany "Pennsatucky" Doggett, recently told Access Hollywood, "The show just continues to get wild and the writing is supreme. You just get to peek in a little bit more into the characters and you really start to get to know other characters that maybe you didn't get to know in season 1."
Danielle Brooks, who plays fellow inmate Taystee, echoed her co-star. "We're having a blast! I mean, the writing was amazing before and it has gotten even better," she told E! News, "I don't know how they made it happen but it's really good. I think that people are going to be so excited about season two."
More Orange Is the New Black News
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story