'Orange Is the New Black' Season 2 Gets Premiere Date, Debuts First Teaser
After releasing the second season of "House of Cards" on February 14, Netflix has now set the date for the premiere of "Orange Is the New Black" season 2. The new installment of the comedy-drama series, which consists of 13 episodes, will be available for streaming in its entirety on June 6.
In addition to announcing the release date, the streaming media has shared the first teaser for the second season of the AFI Award-winning series. The promo video doesn't reveal any plot details, but reminds fans of what to expect from the Taylor Schilling-starring show.
Taryn Manning, who plays the born-again Christian inmate Tiffany "Pennsatucky" Doggett, recently told Access Hollywood, "The show just continues to get wild and the writing is supreme. You just get to peek in a little bit more into the characters and you really start to get to know other characters that maybe you didn't get to know in season 1."
Danielle Brooks, who plays fellow inmate Taystee, echoed her co-star. "We're having a blast! I mean, the writing was amazing before and it has gotten even better," she told E! News, "I don't know how they made it happen but it's really good. I think that people are going to be so excited about season two."
More Orange Is the New Black News
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie