Chris Brown Claims He's Victim of Extortion in Basketball Lawsuit
Chris Brown has denied that he beat the crap out of a player during a basketball game at a 24-Hour Fitness back in July. Brown and his lawyer Mark Geragos called the letter that Malcolm Ausbon's lawyer sent an "extortion."
Ausbon is suing the singer for picking up a fight with him and claiming he was a member of the Bloods street gang. Ausbon said Brown did not take it well when he called a foul on him during the game. Ausbon backed away but Brown and his three bodyguards allegedly rushed to him to "strike, punch, kick, pull and stomp Ausbon's head and body."
Ausbon, who also sues 24-Hour Fitness and the security team, said he had to be taken to the ER to be treated for injuries to his face, head, neck, back, legs and ribs. The lawsuit also stated Ausbon suffered from embarrassment, fear, anxiety and post traumatic stress disorder.
Brown is fighting back. TMZ obtained the letter that Ausbon's lawyer sent to Geragos. "Mr. Ausbon is placed in a position by the LAPD where he needs to decide whether he will press charges," the letter said before adding, "He would rather be compensated." Geragos pointed out that it was a cleverly worded extortion, but extortion nonetheless.
Brown is filing a police report against Ausbon. "Chris is not affiliated with a gang or any similar organization. He is affiliated with the Symphonic Love Foundation and other organizations that strive to bring love, hope and the arts to children in need," a rep of Brown told TMZ.
More Chris Brown News
- Sharon Osbourne Defends Kelly for Trashing Ozzy's Alleged Mistress, Can't Help Laughing at It
- Carrie Underwood and Brad Paisley Returning to Host 2016 CMA Awards
- Simon Pegg and Mike Myers Join Margot Robbie in Thriller 'Terminal'
- 'The Flash' Season 2 Finale: The Man in the Iron Mask Reveal Brings in Another Speedster
- Kendall Jenner Says She's Psychic. Get Details of Her Sixth Sense
- Lil Wayne and Birdman Are Still Feuding After Settlement Talks 'Broke Off'
- Khloe Kardashian Fears Blac Chyna Will Use Her Baby With Rob for Fame and Fortune
- Fifth Harmony Heats Up the 'DWTS' Stage With Sexy 'All in My Head' Performance