Chris Brown Claims He's Victim of Extortion in Basketball Lawsuit
Chris Brown has denied that he beat the crap out of a player during a basketball game at a 24-Hour Fitness back in July. Brown and his lawyer Mark Geragos called the letter that Malcolm Ausbon's lawyer sent an "extortion."
Ausbon is suing the singer for picking up a fight with him and claiming he was a member of the Bloods street gang. Ausbon said Brown did not take it well when he called a foul on him during the game. Ausbon backed away but Brown and his three bodyguards allegedly rushed to him to "strike, punch, kick, pull and stomp Ausbon's head and body."
Ausbon, who also sues 24-Hour Fitness and the security team, said he had to be taken to the ER to be treated for injuries to his face, head, neck, back, legs and ribs. The lawsuit also stated Ausbon suffered from embarrassment, fear, anxiety and post traumatic stress disorder.
Brown is fighting back. TMZ obtained the letter that Ausbon's lawyer sent to Geragos. "Mr. Ausbon is placed in a position by the LAPD where he needs to decide whether he will press charges," the letter said before adding, "He would rather be compensated." Geragos pointed out that it was a cleverly worded extortion, but extortion nonetheless.
Brown is filing a police report against Ausbon. "Chris is not affiliated with a gang or any similar organization. He is affiliated with the Symphonic Love Foundation and other organizations that strive to bring love, hope and the arts to children in need," a rep of Brown told TMZ.
More Chris Brown News
- Big Bang's G-Dragon Sports Cornrows and Heavy Makeup in New Instagram Pics
- Pregnant Nikki Reed Bares Cleavage in Sexy Maternity Clothes
- Cristiano Ronaldo's Mother Laughs Off Georgina Rodriguez Pregnancy Rumor: 'It's Nonsense'
- Lamar Odom Is Refused Entry at Los Angeles Strip Club
- Kim Kardashian Is Begging Khloe to Be Her Surrogate for Baby No. 3
- So Cruel! Travis Scott Compares Kylie's Bedroom Skills to Sister Kendall Jenner's
- Selena Gomez Denies Collaboration With The Weeknd on New Music: 'It's Not True'
- 'Breakfast at Tiffany's' Iconic Character Holly Golightly to Become a Merchandise Queen