Alicia Keys Debuts Unreleased Track 'Zebras and Airplanes'
Alicia Keys has debuted an unreleased track via AKVault, her website which was launched late last year. Titled "Zebras and Airplanes", the song was recorded five years ago when by the R&B queen was working on her "The Element of Freedom" album in a studio.
In the track, Keys talks about being free and able to go wherever she likes. "Everywhere I wanna fly, everywhere I wanna run away/ Have you ever closed your eyes in a vision and it took you away/ Wonder why in my dreams the sky is so blue," she sings.
Keys said that "Zebras and Airplanes" was inspired by a painting by Chloe Early. "I had never been overcome to write a song after seeing a painting before, but this one sent me to another place," she explained on her website.
"I felt it! The power, the freedom, the strength to gallop and fly. And I knew right at that moment I would write a song called 'Zebras and Airplanes' to describe that kind of love. The whole of you-body and soul-can gallop and fly!" she added. "Love on yourself. Pamper yourself. Cherish yourself. Today and forever. I wish you the kind of love that comes from within and spreads all the way out!"
More Alicia Keys News
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March