Alicia Keys Debuts Unreleased Track 'Zebras and Airplanes'
Alicia Keys has debuted an unreleased track via AKVault, her website which was launched late last year. Titled "Zebras and Airplanes", the song was recorded five years ago when by the R&B queen was working on her "The Element of Freedom" album in a studio.
In the track, Keys talks about being free and able to go wherever she likes. "Everywhere I wanna fly, everywhere I wanna run away/ Have you ever closed your eyes in a vision and it took you away/ Wonder why in my dreams the sky is so blue," she sings.
Keys said that "Zebras and Airplanes" was inspired by a painting by Chloe Early. "I had never been overcome to write a song after seeing a painting before, but this one sent me to another place," she explained on her website.
"I felt it! The power, the freedom, the strength to gallop and fly. And I knew right at that moment I would write a song called 'Zebras and Airplanes' to describe that kind of love. The whole of you-body and soul-can gallop and fly!" she added. "Love on yourself. Pamper yourself. Cherish yourself. Today and forever. I wish you the kind of love that comes from within and spreads all the way out!"
More Alicia Keys News
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring
- Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Epic Trailer for 'The Great Wall'
- 'Sesame Street' Fires Three Longtime Cast Members
- Find Out Which Joe Jonas' Famous Exes He Would Like to 'Shag, Marry and Kill'
- Cameron Diaz and Benji Madden's Baby Struggles Reportedly Cause Marriage Problems
- Andrew Garfield Is World War II Hero in First 'Hacksaw Ridge' Trailer
- 'Scream Queens' Adds Jerry O'Connell in Mystery Role
- Troian Bellisario Has Harsh Words for Both Kim Kardashian and Taylor Swift