Michael Keaton Confirms He Has Talked to Tim Burton About 'Beetlejuice 2'
Michael Keaton reveals he indeed has discussed with Tim Burton about the overdue sequel to "Beetlejuice". The actor who is expected to reprise his role as the striped-suit-wearing ghost says he has exchanged emails with the director and talked to the writer about "Beetlejuice 2".
"I've e-mailed Tim a couple of times, talked to the writer a couple of times, but all really, really preliminary stuff," Keaton told MTV News. "I always said that's the one thing I'd like to do again, if I ever did anything again. But it kind of required Tim to be involved some way or another."
"Now it looks like he is involved," the former Batman depicter continued, "And without giving too much away we've talked to each other, and e-mailed each other, and if he's in, it's going to be hard not to be in."
Seth Grahame-Smith, who wrote "Dark Shadows" for Burton, is signed on to write the script. While the story arc for the follow-up is still scarce, the scribe once stressed that it wouldn't be a remake or a reboot. "It is a true sequel with Michael Keaton as the title character Beetlejuice," he said to Collider.
"This will be a true 26 or 27 years later sequel," he teased further. "What's great is that for Beetlejuice, time means nothing in the afterlife, but the world outside is a different story."
Winona Ryder, who was 17 years old when playing a teenage goth in the original movie, is on board to reprise her role only if Burton and Keaton are involved too.
- 'Fargo' Season 3 First Full Trailer: What Does Ewan McGregor's Emmit Owe to His Twin Brother?
- Ready to Mingle? Tom Cruise's 'Fallen' for 'M:I-6' Co-Star Vanessa Kirby
- 'The Talk' Host Sheryl Underwood Cries as She Reveals Terrifying Rape Ordeal
- Brie Larson to Play U.S. First Female Presidential Candidate in Victoria Woodhull Biopic
- Netflix Debuts 'Death Note' Teaser Trailer and It's Slammed for Whitewashing
- Michael Shannon Joins Contention to Play Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus Caught in Lip-Lock Amid Romance Rumors
- Lorde, Muse, The Killers, Chance the Rapper, Arcade Fire to Headline 2017 Lollapalooza