Michael Keaton Confirms He Has Talked to Tim Burton About 'Beetlejuice 2'
Michael Keaton reveals he indeed has discussed with Tim Burton about the overdue sequel to "Beetlejuice". The actor who is expected to reprise his role as the striped-suit-wearing ghost says he has exchanged emails with the director and talked to the writer about "Beetlejuice 2".
"I've e-mailed Tim a couple of times, talked to the writer a couple of times, but all really, really preliminary stuff," Keaton told MTV News. "I always said that's the one thing I'd like to do again, if I ever did anything again. But it kind of required Tim to be involved some way or another."
"Now it looks like he is involved," the former Batman depicter continued, "And without giving too much away we've talked to each other, and e-mailed each other, and if he's in, it's going to be hard not to be in."
Seth Grahame-Smith, who wrote "Dark Shadows" for Burton, is signed on to write the script. While the story arc for the follow-up is still scarce, the scribe once stressed that it wouldn't be a remake or a reboot. "It is a true sequel with Michael Keaton as the title character Beetlejuice," he said to Collider.
"This will be a true 26 or 27 years later sequel," he teased further. "What's great is that for Beetlejuice, time means nothing in the afterlife, but the world outside is a different story."
Winona Ryder, who was 17 years old when playing a teenage goth in the original movie, is on board to reprise her role only if Burton and Keaton are involved too.
- Tiny Harris Fake Facebook Stirs Up Floyd Mayweather, Jr. Affair Rumor
- Michael Bay Has Initial Idea for an R-Rated 'Bumblebee' Spin-Off
- Red Hot Chili Peppers Gets Animated in Bizarre Video for 'Sick Love'
- Mariah Carey's New Boyfriend Bryan Tanaka Admits He's 'Always Had a Thing' for Her
- Arnold Schwarzenegger Promises 'Refreshing' 'Celebrity Apprentice' in New Sneak Peek
- 'Last Tango in Paris' Rape Scene Backlash Is 'Ridiculous,' Says Bernardo Bertolucci
- Jimmy Kimmel's Wife Molly McNearney Is Pregnant With Their Second Child
- 'The Voice' Semifinals Recap: The Top 8 Vying for Spots in the Final 4