Jerry Seinfeld Claims 'Lego Movie' Stole His Superman Joke
While "The Lego Movie" got rave reviews and received a Certified Fresh at more than 90% on Rotten Tomatoes, Jerry Seinfeld apparently thought otherwise. The funnyman accuses the movie written and directed by Phil Lord and Chris Miller of ripping off his joke for Superman-Green Lantern scene.
The "Seinfeld" star wrote on Twitter, "I think Lego Movie stole my Superman has issues with Green Lantern bit from Amex Seinfeld and Superman webisode. Anyone else catch that?" to which fellow comedian Ricky Gervais replied, "I know how you feel. 'Schindler's List' stole a lot of my early stuff."
In "Lego Movie", Superman and Green Lantern's relationship is hilariously one-sided. While the Power Ring bearer (Jonah Hill) adores Man of Steel (Channing Tatum) and wants to be his best friend, the latter doesn't share the same feelings and always tries his best to avoid the former.
Meanwhile, in Seinfeld's American Express ad, Superman is annoyed by a woman who can't stop talking about Green Lantern.
"Also loved Lego Movie," Seinfeld added. "A story would have been a nice added touch, though.. I'm glad they did. It was a fun bit..#legomymaterial."
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Live Under Different Roofs After He's Released From Hospital
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments