Jerry Seinfeld Claims 'Lego Movie' Stole His Superman Joke
While "The Lego Movie" got rave reviews and received a Certified Fresh at more than 90% on Rotten Tomatoes, Jerry Seinfeld apparently thought otherwise. The funnyman accuses the movie written and directed by Phil Lord and Chris Miller of ripping off his joke for Superman-Green Lantern scene.
The "Seinfeld" star wrote on Twitter, "I think Lego Movie stole my Superman has issues with Green Lantern bit from Amex Seinfeld and Superman webisode. Anyone else catch that?" to which fellow comedian Ricky Gervais replied, "I know how you feel. 'Schindler's List' stole a lot of my early stuff."
In "Lego Movie", Superman and Green Lantern's relationship is hilariously one-sided. While the Power Ring bearer (Jonah Hill) adores Man of Steel (Channing Tatum) and wants to be his best friend, the latter doesn't share the same feelings and always tries his best to avoid the former.
Meanwhile, in Seinfeld's American Express ad, Superman is annoyed by a woman who can't stop talking about Green Lantern.
"Also loved Lego Movie," Seinfeld added. "A story would have been a nice added touch, though.. I'm glad they did. It was a fun bit..#legomymaterial."
- Bella Thorne Gets Nipple Piercing, Shares Naked Photo
- Is Drake Cheating on J.Lo With This Porn Star in Amsterdam?
- Oscars 2017: 'La La Land' Leads With 14 Nods, 7 Black Actors Are Among 20 Acting Nominees
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci