Jerry Seinfeld Claims 'Lego Movie' Stole His Superman Joke
While "The Lego Movie" got rave reviews and received a Certified Fresh at more than 90% on Rotten Tomatoes, Jerry Seinfeld apparently thought otherwise. The funnyman accuses the movie written and directed by Phil Lord and Chris Miller of ripping off his joke for Superman-Green Lantern scene.
The "Seinfeld" star wrote on Twitter, "I think Lego Movie stole my Superman has issues with Green Lantern bit from Amex Seinfeld and Superman webisode. Anyone else catch that?" to which fellow comedian Ricky Gervais replied, "I know how you feel. 'Schindler's List' stole a lot of my early stuff."
In "Lego Movie", Superman and Green Lantern's relationship is hilariously one-sided. While the Power Ring bearer (Jonah Hill) adores Man of Steel (Channing Tatum) and wants to be his best friend, the latter doesn't share the same feelings and always tries his best to avoid the former.
Meanwhile, in Seinfeld's American Express ad, Superman is annoyed by a woman who can't stop talking about Green Lantern.
"Also loved Lego Movie," Seinfeld added. "A story would have been a nice added touch, though.. I'm glad they did. It was a fun bit..#legomymaterial."
- Khloe Kardashian Divorces Lamar Odom to Find New Husband and Have Kids
- Amy Schumer Mocks Selena Gomez and 'Relatable' Stars in Hilarious Skit. Watch Selena's Response
- 'Fast 8' Cast Goofing Around During First Day on Set
- Taylor Lautner Laughs So Hard at His Naked 'Twilight' Fan Art
- Nick Jonas Reveals He Doesn't Talk to Exes Olivia Culpo and Miley Cyrus Anymore
- Trailer of James Franco's Twisted 'Mother, May I Sleep with Danger?' Remake Is Here!
- 'Glee' Alum Mark Salling Indicted on Child Pornography Charges
- Check Out New 'Star Trek Beyond' Photos