'Penny Dreadful' First Full Trailer Brings the Horror
Showtime has debuted the first full trailer for its psychosexual horror series "Penny Dreadful", unleashing the horror from the dark and gory show. It opens with Eva Green's Vanessa Ives extending an invitation to Josh Hartnett's Ethan Chandler to demimonde, "a half-world between what we know and what we fear."
Without many dialogues, the video shows what demimonde is through the scenes, which offer a mix of violence and sex. Some creepy creatures from Gothic literature are also featured in it as Vanessa is seen being possessed in other scenes.
Created by John Logan ("The Aviator", "Hugo"), "Penny Dreadful" takes place in Victorian London and weaves together the classic origin stories of horror icons like Dr. Frankenstein and his creature, Dorian Grey, and several characters from the novel Dracula.
Harry Treadaway will play Victor Frankenstein, Reeve Carney is cast as the immortal Dorian Gray, and Billie Piper stars as Brona Croft, an Irish immigrant seeking to escape her dark past.
Logan serves as executive producer alongside Sam Mendes and Pippa Harris. The new series is set to debut Sunday, May 11 at 10 P.M. ET/PT on Showtime.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie