'Penny Dreadful' First Full Trailer Brings the Horror
Showtime has debuted the first full trailer for its psychosexual horror series "Penny Dreadful", unleashing the horror from the dark and gory show. It opens with Eva Green's Vanessa Ives extending an invitation to Josh Hartnett's Ethan Chandler to demimonde, "a half-world between what we know and what we fear."
Without many dialogues, the video shows what demimonde is through the scenes, which offer a mix of violence and sex. Some creepy creatures from Gothic literature are also featured in it as Vanessa is seen being possessed in other scenes.
Created by John Logan ("The Aviator", "Hugo"), "Penny Dreadful" takes place in Victorian London and weaves together the classic origin stories of horror icons like Dr. Frankenstein and his creature, Dorian Grey, and several characters from the novel Dracula.
Harry Treadaway will play Victor Frankenstein, Reeve Carney is cast as the immortal Dorian Gray, and Billie Piper stars as Brona Croft, an Irish immigrant seeking to escape her dark past.
Logan serves as executive producer alongside Sam Mendes and Pippa Harris. The new series is set to debut Sunday, May 11 at 10 P.M. ET/PT on Showtime.
- Katy Perry Breaks Silence on Orlando Bloom's Nude Photos, Claims He Tried to Get Her Naked Too
- 'Big Bang Theory' Star Johnny Galecki's House Burns Down in California Massive Fire
- Iron Man Slips Into His Upgraded Armor in New 'Avengers: Infinity War' Set Photos
- 'The Lowe Files' Teaser Sees Rob Lowe and Sons Delving Into Unsolved Mysteries
- Rita Ora Flashes Thong in Sheer Red Dress
- Iggy Azalea Claps Back After Halsey Called Her 'Moron': 'I Don't Know Her'
- James Harden Realizes His Big Crush on Nicki Minaj After Giving Her Thirsty Stare at NBA Awards
- Michelle Rodriguez Threatens to Quit 'Fast and Furious' Franchise Over Its Depiction of Women