'Penny Dreadful' First Full Trailer Brings the Horror
Showtime has debuted the first full trailer for its psychosexual horror series "Penny Dreadful", unleashing the horror from the dark and gory show. It opens with Eva Green's Vanessa Ives extending an invitation to Josh Hartnett's Ethan Chandler to demimonde, "a half-world between what we know and what we fear."
Without many dialogues, the video shows what demimonde is through the scenes, which offer a mix of violence and sex. Some creepy creatures from Gothic literature are also featured in it as Vanessa is seen being possessed in other scenes.
Created by John Logan ("The Aviator", "Hugo"), "Penny Dreadful" takes place in Victorian London and weaves together the classic origin stories of horror icons like Dr. Frankenstein and his creature, Dorian Grey, and several characters from the novel Dracula.
Harry Treadaway will play Victor Frankenstein, Reeve Carney is cast as the immortal Dorian Gray, and Billie Piper stars as Brona Croft, an Irish immigrant seeking to escape her dark past.
Logan serves as executive producer alongside Sam Mendes and Pippa Harris. The new series is set to debut Sunday, May 11 at 10 P.M. ET/PT on Showtime.
- Alex Rodriguez Bans J.Lo From Talking to Ex Casper Smart
- 'KUWTK': Lisa Rinna's Family to Replace the Kardashians
- Selena Gomez Fears Run-In With Ex Justin Bieber at 2017 Billboard Music Awards
- Find Out Why Kim and Kourtney Kardashian Bans Kanye West From Mexican Trip
- Report: Angelina Jolie Is Using Black Magic to Get Revenge From Brad Pitt
- Khloe Kardashian Claims Lamar Odom's New Romance Is Only a Way to Get Her Attention
- Mila Kunis Gives Her Parents a Surprise Home Makeover
- 'The Flash' 3.20 Promo: Savitar Will Be Unmasked in 'I Know Who You Are'