Spencer Tracy and Katharine Hepburn's Hollywood Affair Goes to Big Screen
The affair between Spencer Tracy and Katharine Hepburn is being turned into a movie. Permut Presentations and Reunion Pictures are pursuing the project with David Rambo ("CSI: Crime Scene Investigation", "Revolution") tapped to write the script.
According to Deadline, the film is expected to start with Tracy's meeting with Hepburn at MGM for their first film together, "Woman of the Year" in 1942, and will end with his death in 1967 after the frequent co-stars worked together on "Guess Who's Coming to Dinner".
Tracy's relationship with Hepburn was an open secret in Hollywood. Throughout their affair, he was married to actress Louise Treadwell but the married couple did live separate lives. They have two children together, a son and a daughter.
Hepburn and Tracy's relationship lasted until his passing. They did not live together until the final years of his life, and she never discussed their relationship publicly until 1980s after Louise died. Hepburn herself passed away in 2003. She was 96. She and Tracy starred in at least nine films together.
"Tracy and Hepburn" will be the first major film that chronicles the two stars' affair, but it's not the first pic that portrays the infamous couple. In Martin Scorsese's 2004 drama "The Aviator" led by Leonardo DiCaprio, Cate Blanchett played Hepburn and Kevin O'Rourke starred as Tracy. Blanchett won an Oscar for her role in the film.
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns