Simon Cowell Reveals Newborn Son's Name
Simon Cowell has posted his first tweets after welcoming his son with Lauren Silverman. The first-time father took to the social networking site to gush over the arrival of the baby boy, revealing his name and thanking his followers for their best wishes.
"Very happy to say Eric was born at 17.45pm. Healthy and handsome," he first tweeted on Friday, February 14. It was followed with, "Lauren in great shape. Thanks for all of your kind messages."
The former "American Idol" judge later explained that he chose the name, Eric, to honor his father who passed away in 1999. "Named after my dad," he wrote in another post.
Cowell's girlfriend Silverman gave birth to their son on Valentine's day after she was reported in labor earlier the same day. The British music producer reportedly flew on a private plane from London, where he was filming "Britain's Got Talent", straight to New York City to be with Silverman.
The baby boy is the first child for Cowell, who once admitted that he "genuinely never thought [me being a Dad] was going to happen." Silverman, meanwhile, has had 8-year-old son Adam with her ex-husband Andrew Silverman, who was Cowell's close friend.
- Rob Kardashian Crushing on His Own Sister Kim When He Was Young
- Zack Snyder Hints at Deathstroke's Cameo in 'Justice League'
- Kim Kardashian Ditches Panties in Jaw-Dropping Look at Paris Fashion Week
- Britney Spears Feels Great in Her 30s Because Her 20s Were 'Horrible'
- Listen to Niall Horan's First Solo Single 'This Town' Here!
- Kim Kardashian Is Sick of Taylor Swift Question: 'I'm So Over It'
- Luke Cage's Leading Lady Misty Knight Confirmed to Return on 'The Defenders'
- Don't Call Zayn Malik 'Celebrity' Because He Loathes It!