Simon Cowell Reveals Newborn Son's Name
Simon Cowell has posted his first tweets after welcoming his son with Lauren Silverman. The first-time father took to the social networking site to gush over the arrival of the baby boy, revealing his name and thanking his followers for their best wishes.
"Very happy to say Eric was born at 17.45pm. Healthy and handsome," he first tweeted on Friday, February 14. It was followed with, "Lauren in great shape. Thanks for all of your kind messages."
The former "American Idol" judge later explained that he chose the name, Eric, to honor his father who passed away in 1999. "Named after my dad," he wrote in another post.
Cowell's girlfriend Silverman gave birth to their son on Valentine's day after she was reported in labor earlier the same day. The British music producer reportedly flew on a private plane from London, where he was filming "Britain's Got Talent", straight to New York City to be with Silverman.
The baby boy is the first child for Cowell, who once admitted that he "genuinely never thought [me being a Dad] was going to happen." Silverman, meanwhile, has had 8-year-old son Adam with her ex-husband Andrew Silverman, who was Cowell's close friend.
- Sophie Turner Holds Tight to Beau Joe Jonas on a Dinner Date in London
- Lady GaGa and Taylor Swift May Replace Beyonce at Coachella 2017
- 'Nashville' Star Exits the Show After 'Devastating' Twist
- 'The Fate of the Furious': Dom Is Going to Kill Letty in New Trailer
- Kourtney Kardashian Is in 'Self-Destruct Mode' After Scott Disick Split
- Ex-Pussycat Doll Ashley Roberts 'Flirting' With Brooklyn Beckham at BRITs After-Party
- Scarlett Johansson to Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the Fifth Time
- Listen to Jason Derulo's New Tropical Song 'Swalla' Ft. Nicki Minaj and Ty Dolla $ign