Jennifer Lawrence Confirmed as Presenter at 2014 Oscars
Jennifer Lawrence is the first presenter confirmed for the upcoming 86th annual Academy Awards. The pixie-haired beauty who won Best Actress last year for her role in David O. Russell's "Silver Linings Playbook" will help hand out award to winner this year.
This year, JLaw is vying for Best Supporting Actress for her portrayal as a bitter wife in Russell's take on true-story FBI operation "American Hustle". Before winning at the 2013 ceremony, she was nominated for Best Actress for her role in indie drama "Winter's Bone".
The Oscars, hosted by Ellen DeGeneres, will air on Sunday, March 2, live on ABC. All four Best Original Song candidates will be performed at the live telecast. U2 will sing "Ordinary Love" from "Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom", Idina Menzel will deliver "Let It Go" from "Frozen (2013)", Karen O will play "The Moon Song" from "Her", and Pharrell Williams will treat audience to "Happy" from "Despicable Me 2".
There was initially a fifth nominee, "Alone Yet Not Alone" from the film of the same name. However, the song composed by Bruce Broughton with lyric by Dennis Spiegel was removed from the nomination due to a suspected improper lobbying by Broughton, who is former Governor and current Music Branch executive committee member in the Academy.
- Tyra Banks Accused of Abusing a Girl on 'America's Got Talent'
- Kanye West Is 'Humiliated' by Kim Kardashian's Deflated Butt
- Fergie Signs With BMG After Quitting Interscope
- Celine Dion, J.Lo, Mariah Carey and Backstreet Boys Will Not Cancel Vegas Shows Despite ISIS Threat
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Enjoy Night Out in Cannes
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Enjoying 'Wild Sex' in Cannes
- Mariah Carey Is Slammed by Co-Star for Alleged 'Bananas' Behaviour on 'The House' Filming Set
- Super Junior's Kyuhyun Begins Mandatory Military Service