Jennifer Lawrence Confirmed as Presenter at 2014 Oscars
Jennifer Lawrence is the first presenter confirmed for the upcoming 86th annual Academy Awards. The pixie-haired beauty who won Best Actress last year for her role in David O. Russell's "Silver Linings Playbook" will help hand out award to winner this year.
This year, JLaw is vying for Best Supporting Actress for her portrayal as a bitter wife in Russell's take on true-story FBI operation "American Hustle". Before winning at the 2013 ceremony, she was nominated for Best Actress for her role in indie drama "Winter's Bone".
The Oscars, hosted by Ellen DeGeneres, will air on Sunday, March 2, live on ABC. All four Best Original Song candidates will be performed at the live telecast. U2 will sing "Ordinary Love" from "Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom", Idina Menzel will deliver "Let It Go" from "Frozen (2013)", Karen O will play "The Moon Song" from "Her", and Pharrell Williams will treat audience to "Happy" from "Despicable Me 2".
There was initially a fifth nominee, "Alone Yet Not Alone" from the film of the same name. However, the song composed by Bruce Broughton with lyric by Dennis Spiegel was removed from the nomination due to a suspected improper lobbying by Broughton, who is former Governor and current Music Branch executive committee member in the Academy.
- Sienna Miller Still Cares 'Enormously' for Ex-Fiance Jude Law
- Zendaya Coleman Criticized for Posting This Racy Picture
- Jay-Z Is Featured on Pusha T's New Track 'Drug Dealers Anonymous'
- Michael Bay Unveils 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Villain
- Meek Mill and 50 Cent Show Support for Troy Ave After Irving Plaza Shooting
- Drake Gets 'Lovey Dovey' With Hailey Baldwin at His Memorial Day Party
- Josh Duhamel Reveals Fergie Will Release New Album This Week and Go on Tour Next Year
- 'Pitch Perfect 3' Release Pushed Back to Winter 2017