Austin Mahone Drops New Song as a Valentine's Day Present for 'U'
Austin Mahone has unwrapped the Valentine's Day gift he has prepared for his fans. The pop sensation has dropped the full studio version of a romantic track called "U". Mahomies have heard the song when the star uploaded a video of him performing the acoustic version of the song early last year. He has also performed the song at some of his concerts.
"So everyone has been asking me for a while to release this song," the 17-year-old Texas-born crooner said on Twitter on Friday, February 14. "I think it's only right since it's Valentines day I put it out."
"U" is a catchy mid-tempo R&B track with sweet lyrics. Mahone also shows off his rapping skills. Midway through the song, he raps, "I remember us sitting up late in my one-bedroom apartment/ Memories running through my head, head, head/ You're the only one that I want, if you were to leave me/ I don't know what I would do instead."
The romantic song came just weeks after he released his collaboration with Pitbull, "MMM Yeah". The song will appear in his debut album, which is currently in finishing stage and is expected to hit the stores later this year.
"The album, I'm still working on. I worked with so many amazing people and I have so many incredible songs, I want to choose them wisely," he recently told MTV News of his upcoming project. "I don't want to put the album out and be like 'Man, I should have done this so much differently.' I just want to make sure it's perfect when I put it out."
- Nick Cannon Is Still Close to Ex Mariah Carey but Says They're Not Sleeping Together
- Janet Jackson Is Swaying at Bruno Mars' Concert After Split
- Disney Star Michael Mantenuto Found Dead at 35 of Gunshot Wound
- Caitlyn Jenner Is Livid at Kris Jenner, Says She Barely Gets Money From 'KUWTK'
- Paranoid Travis Scott Fears Kylie Jenner Is Just Using Him to Get Revenge on Tyga
- Park Bom Flaunts Backside in Skimpy Swimsuit
- Watch Fall Out Boy's Bizarre Clip for 'Young and Menace'
- Barack Obama Disses Donald Trump's Tweeting Habit