Brittany Snow and Elizabeth Banks to Reprise Their Roles in 'Pitch Perfect 2'
Brittany Snow and Elizabeth Banks are back to reprise their respective roles in the upcoming "Pitch Perfect". The former plays a cappella singer Chloe Beale, and the latter portrays a smaller role, yet a memorable one, Gail Abernathy-McKadden, a commentator for singing contest ICCAs.
"Pitch Perfect 2" is set to come out Stateside on May 15, 2015. Anna Kendrick and Rebel Wilson will also return for the second film. Banks, who also produced the first movie, will make her directorial debut with the sequel. Kay Cannon from the original movie is also back as a scribe.
Directed by Jason Moore, the first pic performed surprisingly well in 2012. Costing only $17 million to produce, the film grossed over $100 million worldwide. It follows a college freshman who reluctantly joins an a cappella group but then leads it to the finals.
Its soundtrack, "Cups" recorded by Kendrick, peaked at No. 6 Billboard Hot 100 and stayed at the top 10 for numerous weeks. A cover of the Carter Family's 1931 song "When I'm Gone", it made the actress a triple platinum recording artist with combined sales of a little less than 3 million units sold.
- 'Celebrity Apprentice' Recap: Mixed-Up Teams and Nude Photo Shoot
- 'The Bachelor' Recap: Backstreet Boys' Performance, a 'Nickathlon' and a Zero Gravity Date
- See Margot Robbie's Drastic Transformation to Portray Tonya Harding
- Green Day Roasts Donald Trump in 'Troubled Times' Lyric Video
- New Couple Alert! Suki Waterhouse and 'Rogue One' Star Diego Luna Caught Getting Handsy in Mexico
- Kourtney Kardashian Is Still 'Serious' About Scott Disick Despite Reunion With Justin Bieber
- Mariah Carey and Elton John Rake in Millions of Dollars From Russian Billionaire Heiress' Wedding
- Armie Hammer and Elizabeth Chambers Welcome Baby No. 2