Brittany Snow and Elizabeth Banks to Reprise Their Roles in 'Pitch Perfect 2'
Brittany Snow and Elizabeth Banks are back to reprise their respective roles in the upcoming "Pitch Perfect". The former plays a cappella singer Chloe Beale, and the latter portrays a smaller role, yet a memorable one, Gail Abernathy-McKadden, a commentator for singing contest ICCAs.
"Pitch Perfect 2" is set to come out Stateside on May 15, 2015. Anna Kendrick and Rebel Wilson will also return for the second film. Banks, who also produced the first movie, will make her directorial debut with the sequel. Kay Cannon from the original movie is also back as a scribe.
Directed by Jason Moore, the first pic performed surprisingly well in 2012. Costing only $17 million to produce, the film grossed over $100 million worldwide. It follows a college freshman who reluctantly joins an a cappella group but then leads it to the finals.
Its soundtrack, "Cups" recorded by Kendrick, peaked at No. 6 Billboard Hot 100 and stayed at the top 10 for numerous weeks. A cover of the Carter Family's 1931 song "When I'm Gone", it made the actress a triple platinum recording artist with combined sales of a little less than 3 million units sold.
- P. Diddy Squashes Breakup Rumors With a Super Sweet Birthday Message for Cassie
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?
- Get Your First Glimpse of Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's WWII Film 'Dunkirk'
- Miley Cyrus Sports New Gold Band on Ring Finger. Is She Secretly Married to Liam Hemsworth?
- Jennifer Lopez Posts Cryptic Message After Breakup as Casper Smart Is Reportedly Still in Denial
- Is Britney Spears' 'Glory' Track 'Liar' About Ex Justin Timberlake?
- Donald Glover Addresses Lando Casting Rumor in Han Solo Movie