Simon Cowell Welcomes Son on Valentine's Day
Simon Cowell is officially a first-time dad. The "The X Factor" judge's girlfriend Lauren Silverman gave birth to a baby boy on Valentine's day at 5:45 P.M.
News of the baby's arrival came on February 14 morning when Silverman was reported to be in labor. Cowell, who was filming "Britain's Got Talent" in London, flew on a private plane straight to New York City to be with Silverman. "He has had a plane on standby for a week," a source told E! News.
The 54-year-old music exec rushed to Lenox Hill Hospital in New York City and made it in time to welcome their son. Silverman's parents were also in the delivery room while her sister came to the hospital as soon as she heard the news. Silverman's 8-year-old son Adam from her previous relationship was not present, reportedly because he was spending time with his dad.
Announcement of the pregnancy came in July. It came as a shock because Silverman was married to Cowell's close friend real estate mogul Andrew Silverman. "This is a very sensitive issue and all media enquiries are being dealt with by his U.S. attorney," a rep of him said at that time.
- 'Simpsons' Creator Matt Groening's New Animated Show 'Disenchantment' Coming to Netflix
- Robert Pattinson Addresses Relationship With FKA twigs: We're Still 'Kind of' Engaged
- Meghan Markle Wants to Have Twins With Prince Harry
- Did Justin Bieber Cancel Tour Due to Religious Reasons?
- Leonardo DiCaprio Brings 'The Right Stuff' TV Adaptation to National Geographic
- Is Celine Dion Dating Backup Dancer Pepe Munoz?
- 'Wonder Woman 2' Gets Release Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Kristen Stewart and Stella Maxwell Crash a Same-Sex Wedding to Everyone's Delight