Simon Cowell Welcomes Son on Valentine's Day
Simon Cowell is officially a first-time dad. The "The X Factor" judge's girlfriend Lauren Silverman gave birth to a baby boy on Valentine's day at 5:45 P.M.
News of the baby's arrival came on February 14 morning when Silverman was reported to be in labor. Cowell, who was filming "Britain's Got Talent" in London, flew on a private plane straight to New York City to be with Silverman. "He has had a plane on standby for a week," a source told E! News.
The 54-year-old music exec rushed to Lenox Hill Hospital in New York City and made it in time to welcome their son. Silverman's parents were also in the delivery room while her sister came to the hospital as soon as she heard the news. Silverman's 8-year-old son Adam from her previous relationship was not present, reportedly because he was spending time with his dad.
Announcement of the pregnancy came in July. It came as a shock because Silverman was married to Cowell's close friend real estate mogul Andrew Silverman. "This is a very sensitive issue and all media enquiries are being dealt with by his U.S. attorney," a rep of him said at that time.
- Kim Kardashian Admits That Her Curvy Figure Makes Her Feel Insecure
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie
- Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Bring 'Camp Rock' Back to D.C. Concert. See Their Onstage Reunion