Simon Cowell Welcomes Son on Valentine's Day
Simon Cowell is officially a first-time dad. The "The X Factor" judge's girlfriend Lauren Silverman gave birth to a baby boy on Valentine's day at 5:45 P.M.
News of the baby's arrival came on February 14 morning when Silverman was reported to be in labor. Cowell, who was filming "Britain's Got Talent" in London, flew on a private plane straight to New York City to be with Silverman. "He has had a plane on standby for a week," a source told E! News.
The 54-year-old music exec rushed to Lenox Hill Hospital in New York City and made it in time to welcome their son. Silverman's parents were also in the delivery room while her sister came to the hospital as soon as she heard the news. Silverman's 8-year-old son Adam from her previous relationship was not present, reportedly because he was spending time with his dad.
Announcement of the pregnancy came in July. It came as a shock because Silverman was married to Cowell's close friend real estate mogul Andrew Silverman. "This is a very sensitive issue and all media enquiries are being dealt with by his U.S. attorney," a rep of him said at that time.
More Simon Cowell News
- Prince's Rep Addresses Jay-Z's Rumored $40 Million Offer for His Unreleased Music
- 'Star Trek: Discovery' Showrunner Bryan Fuller Departs the TV Series
- Kevin Hart Eyed to Play Santa Clause in Disney's 'Dashing Through the Snow'
- Kesha Previews 4 New Songs, Hopes to Release New Album 'Early Next Year'
- Are They Engaged? Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Thompson Flaunt Matching Rings on Instagram
- Michael Phelps Secretly Weds Nicole Johnson
- Amber Tamblyn Expecting Her First Child With David Cross
- Macklemore Fighting His Demons in 'Drug Dealer' Music Video