Video: Britney Spears Performs 'Alien' for the First Time at Las Vegas Show
Britney Spears added a new song to the setlist of her Las Vegas show "Piece of Me" on Wednesday night, February 12. For the first time since kicking off her two-year residency in late December, the singer treated the crowd at the Planet Hollywood with the live performance of "Alien".
In a video taken and uploaded on YouTube by a fan, Spears is seen keeping the performance simple and nice. The star, who recently dyed her hair brown, sings the song while sitting on a chair in front of the audience before walking down the catwalk.
Spears co-wrote "Alien" with William Orbit, a British producer who has previously worked with the likes of Madonna and Blur. The song has been rumored to be the third single off her latest album, "Britney Jean", which debuted and peaked at No. 4 on Billboard 200 after it was released two months ago.
Spears hasn't confirmed or shot down the rumor, but she has revealed that "Alien" will definitely be a single in the future. In an E! documentary, she said that she'd be use the song for the second set of her Las Vegas show. "It will be a single. I think it just makes more sense to put it out then," she explained.
More Britney Spears News
- Listen to Jason Derulo's New Single 'Kiss the Sky' Off His 'Platinum Hits' Album
- Hayes Grier Shares Photo From Hospital, Assures Fans He's 'Good' After Dirt Bike Crash
- Constance Wu Slams 'Great Wall' for Whitewashing: Our Heroes Don't Look Like Matt Damon
- Zachary Quinto Addresses Engagement Speculations and Wedding Plans to Miles McMillan
- Justin Bieber Teases 'Cold Water' Video as the Major Lazer Collab Hits No. 1 on U.K. Chart
- See Tyler Hoechlin's Superman in Action in 'Supergirl' Set Videos
- Did Tyler Posey Just Come Out as Gay on Snapchat?
- Fans Defend Malia Obama Amidst Backlash for Attending Lollapalooza Instead of DNC