Video: Inside Shia LaBeouf's '#IAMSORRY' Art Installation
A video that gives a sneak peek inside Shia Labeouf's so-called "#IAMSORRY" art show in Los Angeles has made its round online via Screen Junkies. Wearing a tux with a bowtie and sitting with a paper bag covering his head, the actor didn't say a word when he's confronted by the visitor.
The art show which is part of LaBeouf's apology tour after he was caught red-handed ripping off Daniel Clowes' work for his short film drew comparison to Marina Abramovic's 1974 experiment meant to test the limits of the relationship between performer and audience. The nature of her performance back then was completely in the audience's hands as she was placed on a table of 72 objects like gun and scissor that people were allowed to use in any way they chose.
In response to the comparison, Abramovic said as quoted by E! Online, "First of all, I can't think that this is directly related to me. He has a paper bag on his head, is that right? I'm very happy people are inspired by [my] work, but this is not the same work. I don't see it as anything to do with me."
"It's so manipulative, and it's so complicated to answer," she continued. "It's very interesting to me that the Hollywood world wanted to go back to performance, which is something so different than what they are doing. Maybe they need our experience; maybe they need simplicity; maybe they need to be connected to [the] direct public, which, you know, being a Hollywood actor doesn't permit you."
"I don't know [LaBeouf]'s reasons," the performance artist added. "We have to ask him."
LaBeouf's show officially runs 11 A.M. to 6 P.M. every day until Sunday. But the visitors were told at the venue that the duration of the day depended completely on the artist and his mood. It means that the "Nymphomaniac" star could stop it and left at any point of the day, despite the long line of visitors waiting outside.
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Announces Full Cast and Pairings for Season 23
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur