Odd Future Axes Plan to Play a Concert With Eminem After Getting Banned From New Zealand
The members of Odd Future Wolf Gang Kill Them All are no longer expected to play a concert in Auckland, New Zealand after they were banned from entering the country. On Thursday, February 13, six members' visas were declined by authorities as they were deemed a threat to public.
Border Operations Manager Karen Urwin said that the authorities made the decision after becoming aware of an incident that happened during an album signing event in Boston back in 2011. At that time, some witnesses claimed the members of the rap group encouraged fans to attack police officers.
"It's not a decision we take lightly and not one that happens often," Urwin said. She went on explaining that the ban had nothing to do with Odd Future's aggressive and controversial lyrics. "If we banned people who used swear words, we wouldn't have many people left in New Zealand," she continued.
Odd Future was supposed to perform at the Rapture 2014 concert with headliner Eminem on Saturday, February 15. Group member Tyler, the Creator has vented his frustration on Twitter, writing, "OF IS BANNED FROM NEW ZEALAND, AGAIN. THEY SAID WE WERE 'TERRORIST THREATS AND BAD FOR THE SOCIETY' OR WHATEVER. SICK... I LOVE NZ THO."
The group's manager, Christian Clancy, also voiced his outrage on the social media. He tweeted, "Sorry New Zealand apparently this group of kids that have inspired the s**t out of me for the last few years are a threat to society. And thanks for the hour before flight heads-up. After approving and issuing visas."
- Nicolas Cage and Alice Kim Separate After 11 Years of Marriage
- Two More Actors Join 'Spider-Man: Homecoming', New Set Photos Are Released
- 'Mr. Robot' Season 2 Gets Additional Episodes and an Aftershow
- Jamie Foxx Spotted Holding Hands With Mystery Woman. Cheating on Katie Holmes?
- Fifth Harmony Ladies Strip Down to Skimpy Bikinis in 'All in My Head' Video Ft. Fetty Wap
- 'Step Up' Series Coming to YouTube With Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan Attached
- Harry Styles Signs Solo Deal With Columbia Records. Time to Say Goodbye to 1D?
- 'Big Brother 18': And the First Evicted Houseguest Is...