Odd Future Axes Plan to Play a Concert With Eminem After Getting Banned From New Zealand
The members of Odd Future Wolf Gang Kill Them All are no longer expected to play a concert in Auckland, New Zealand after they were banned from entering the country. On Thursday, February 13, six members' visas were declined by authorities as they were deemed a threat to public.
Border Operations Manager Karen Urwin said that the authorities made the decision after becoming aware of an incident that happened during an album signing event in Boston back in 2011. At that time, some witnesses claimed the members of the rap group encouraged fans to attack police officers.
"It's not a decision we take lightly and not one that happens often," Urwin said. She went on explaining that the ban had nothing to do with Odd Future's aggressive and controversial lyrics. "If we banned people who used swear words, we wouldn't have many people left in New Zealand," she continued.
Odd Future was supposed to perform at the Rapture 2014 concert with headliner Eminem on Saturday, February 15. Group member Tyler, the Creator has vented his frustration on Twitter, writing, "OF IS BANNED FROM NEW ZEALAND, AGAIN. THEY SAID WE WERE 'TERRORIST THREATS AND BAD FOR THE SOCIETY' OR WHATEVER. SICK... I LOVE NZ THO."
The group's manager, Christian Clancy, also voiced his outrage on the social media. He tweeted, "Sorry New Zealand apparently this group of kids that have inspired the s**t out of me for the last few years are a threat to society. And thanks for the hour before flight heads-up. After approving and issuing visas."
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'
- Denzel Washington and Viola Davis Argue Over Their Hard Lives in 'Fences' Teaser Trailer
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?