Fans Urge Netflix to Release 'House of Cards' Season 2 Early Because of Snowstorm
"House of Cards" could help brighten the gloomy day of those trapped indoors due to a snowstorm in the East Coast. Fans have taken to Twitter asking Netflix to release season 2 of the political drama series early while many people, including residents of Washington, D.C., are forced to stay home because of heavy snow, sleet and freezing rain.
"Hey @netflix want to reconsider your release time of @HouseofCards ? DC has a snow day. And let's be real, we are the core viewership," a Twitter user named April Simpkins wrote. Another fan, Phil Lasser, tweeted, "Hey @netflix how about releasing @HouseofCards early in honor of the snow day?"
Kellan White, who lives in Philadelphia, PA, has even set up an online petition on Change.org., begging for the early premiere of the second season. "A snow storm has slapped the east coast forcing 100s of 1000s of people to stay home. Releasing House of Cards less than 24 hours early will bring joy and entertainment to those stranded. It would show a true commitment to customerservice," so he wrote. Only 77 people signed the petition as of press time.
Netflix, however, is unmoved by the public plea. A representative for the company has said that the second installment of "House of Cards" will still be released at its scheduled time on Friday at midnight Pacific time or 3 A.M. ET. The spokesman suggests, "Hunker down and re-watch season one so you are good and ready."
A disappointed fan, Charles Thorp, wrote, So @Netflix deciding to not give us what we want, when we want it? Isn't that their whole business model? #ReleaseHouseOfCards."
More House of Cards News
- Khloe Kardashian Claims Lamar Odom's New Romance Is Only a Way to Get Her Attention
- Mila Kunis Gives Her Parents a Surprise Home Makeover
- 'The Flash' 3.20 Promo: Savitar Will Be Unmasked in 'I Know Who You Are'
- Victim's Relative Says Chris Soules Fatal Car Crash 'Was Just a Freak Accident'
- Tarek El Moussa and Christina Put Divorce on Hold to Focus on Their Show
- Kendra Wilkinson Is Slammed by Farrah Abraham on 'Marriage Boot Camp' Promo
- Caitlyn Jenner Claps Back at Kris Jenner Over Harsh Comment About Caitlyn's New Memoir
- HyunA Gets Slammed for Saying That Skin Exposure on Stage Should Be Justified