Rep Confirms Tyrese Gibson Was Denied Visitation With Daughter
A representative of Tyrese Gibson confirmed that he was denied a visitation when he went to his ex-wife Norma Gibson's house to pick up their daughter Shayla on Tuesday, February 11. The "Transformers" star wanted to take their 6-year-old for scheduled visit, but Norma said no because the little girl was sick.
"Norma Gibson, Tyrese's ex-wife, denied him a court custodial order with their daughter Shayla on Feb. 11, 2014," the rep said in a statement to Us Weekly. "Tyrese arrived to pick up Shayla and was denied access by her mother. Mr. Gibson called the police to the scene, and Mrs. Gibson called TMZ."
Tyrese indeed has failed to maintain a good relationship with Norma after their split in 2009. "Sadly, this is not the first time this has happened. This has been an ongoing saga," the rep continued.
There could be a solution later this month when the former couple takes the custody case to court. "Tyrese filed a 730 [custody] evaluation with the courts in 2013, and the family will face a court-sanctioned evaluation this month," the rep explained. "Hopefully this will end this ridiculous feud and Shayla can return to a comfortable environment."
Of the incident, sources told TMZ that Tyrese went over to Norma's to talk about custody documents beside picking up Shayla. When police arrived, the actor talked to them and left without the child. There was reportedly no disturbance of the peace and no police report was taken.
Tyrese and Norma were married in 2007, the same year Shayla was born, after several years of dating. Their marriage lasted only 10 months.
- 'Wet Hot American Summer: Ten Years Later' Gets Star-Studded First Trailer
- 'Jurassic World' Sequel Reveals Official Title and First Poster
- Harry Styles Mourning the Loss of His Stepfather
- 'KUWTK' Returns for Another Season as 'Life of Kylie' Ends Up Being a Flop
- 'Downtown Abbey' Movie Is in the Works
- Rob Kardashian Is Lawyering Up Against Blac Chyna
- Angelina Jolie and Charlize Theron Are Feuding Over 'Bride of Frankenstein' Role
- Nick Jonas to Embrace 'Positivity' in His New Album