Julia Roberts' Half-Sister Reportedly Took Her Own Life to Ruin the Actress' Career
Negative headlines about Julia Roberts keep pouring in following the death of her half-sister Nancy Motes. Motes was found dead in bathroom earlier this month due to apparent overdose and she was said leaving suicide notes in which she claimed Roberts "drove her to do this."
A new report published on U.K.'s Daily Mail suggests that Motes might commit suicide to bring Roberts down. "We are talking about people who are powerful. People who have very delicate power, people who are in the limelight. Their power can be destroyed very easily if unfortunate things make them look more wicked," said Conner Dilbeck, the brother of Motes' fiance John. "They have to be careful, it can destroy their career or their Academy Awards."
Dilbeck also claimed that Motes' suicide notes were 8-page long, instead of 5 as previously reported. The actress, who is nominated for Best Supporting Actress in this year's Academy Awards for her role in "August: Osage County", reportedly was "terrified" about the notes' content being revealed to public.
In other news, the "Pretty Woman" star was said urging Motes to get help. "Julia tried in vain over the years, even in the last six months, to get Nancy to go to rehab. Nancy refused the offers and that is when she would often publicly lash out at Julia. It hurt Julia, but she knew her sister was battling addiction," a source told Radar Online.
More Julia Roberts News
- Ciara Hits Recording Studio
- Jason Momoa's 'Aquaman' Gets New Release Date
- Report: David and Victoria Beckham Are Separating
- Justin Bieber Exposes His Upper Thighs During Outing
- Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Name Newborn Baby Boy Dimitri
- John Cena and Casey Affleck Tapped to Host 'SNL'
- Anna Faris Admits She Felt 'Insecure' and 'So Hurt' Over Chris Pratt Cheating Rumors
- Amy Schumer to Play Lead Role in 'Barbie' Live-Action Movie