Julia Roberts' Half-Sister Reportedly Took Her Own Life to Ruin the Actress' Career
Negative headlines about Julia Roberts keep pouring in following the death of her half-sister Nancy Motes. Motes was found dead in bathroom earlier this month due to apparent overdose and she was said leaving suicide notes in which she claimed Roberts "drove her to do this."
A new report published on U.K.'s Daily Mail suggests that Motes might commit suicide to bring Roberts down. "We are talking about people who are powerful. People who have very delicate power, people who are in the limelight. Their power can be destroyed very easily if unfortunate things make them look more wicked," said Conner Dilbeck, the brother of Motes' fiance John. "They have to be careful, it can destroy their career or their Academy Awards."
Dilbeck also claimed that Motes' suicide notes were 8-page long, instead of 5 as previously reported. The actress, who is nominated for Best Supporting Actress in this year's Academy Awards for her role in "August: Osage County", reportedly was "terrified" about the notes' content being revealed to public.
In other news, the "Pretty Woman" star was said urging Motes to get help. "Julia tried in vain over the years, even in the last six months, to get Nancy to go to rehab. Nancy refused the offers and that is when she would often publicly lash out at Julia. It hurt Julia, but she knew her sister was battling addiction," a source told Radar Online.
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy