Queens of the Stone Age's Josh Homme: 'F**k Imagine Dragons, F**k the Grammys'
Queens of the Stone Age's frontman, Josh Homme, is still mad that his band lost the Grammy's Best Rock Performance award to Imagine Dragons. He's also clearly still pissed that his band's performance at the January 26 event got cut short.
However, he decided to wait until recently to finally vent his frustration. The rocker ripped the Las Vegas-based band and the Grammy Awards in front of fans who attended QOTSA's show at Houston's Bayou Music Center.
"This next song is by Imagine Dragons," he told the crowd before playing "I Appear Missing", a track off his groups' chart-topping album "...Like Clockwork". After jeers from his fans, Homme continued, "Just f**king kidding. You gotta admit, you're all imagining dragons right now."
"You know, f**k everything, f**k the man, f**k Imagine Dragons, f**k the Grammys, fuck all this s**t," he added.
In addition to losing the Best Rock Performance award to Dan Reynolds and Co., Homme was not happy that the show's producer interrupted his band's performance to air ads. That night, QOTSA was supposed to close out the event with Nine Inch Nails, Foo Fighters' Dave Grohl and Fleetwood Mac's Lindsey Buckingham.
"Music's biggest night... to be disrespected. A heartfelt F**K YOU guys," NIN's Trent Reznor voiced his outrage on Twitter. Shortly after that, Grammy's producer Ken Ehrlich apologized to the rocker.
"I'm sorry he was upset," Ehrlich said. "I was really thrilled we were finally getting him on the Grammys. I did tell them we'd take it as long as we could. The number was about five, six minutes long, and we got to within a minute twenty of the end. We got as close as we could possibly get."
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story