FOX Orders Will Forte's 'Last Man on Earth' to Series
Following his acclaimed performance in "Nebraska", Will Forte lands a regular TV role. The comedy that he created, "Last Man on Earth", has been picked up to series by FOX. The network acquired it late last year after a bidding war involving other networks.
The project hails from Phil Lord and Chris Miller, who penned latest box office hit "The Lego Movie". The scribe duo will also direct the pilot and serve as executive producers along with Forte and Seth Cohen.
Plot details are still scarce but the show will feature Forte as the last man on Earth, who meets a stranger. The two strangers now must overcome their differences and work together to ensure the survival of the human race.
Production will begin in the summer for a scheduled midseason 2015 premiere. Other cast members are not announced yet.
Forte, who is a "Saturday Night Live" alum, recently won National Board of Review Award for Best Supporting Actor through his role in comedy-drama film "Nebraska". He also lent his voice to a character, Abraham Lincoln, in "The Lego Movie".
- AOA's Choa Wipes Her Instagram Account Clean Following Dating Rumors
- Doug Liman Leaves 'Justice League Dark', 'It' Director Andres Muschietti May Take Over the Project
- Kim Kardashian Tries to Save Marriage to Kanye West for the Sake of Fame
- Blac Chyna Plans Plastic Surgery Makeover to Match Her Post-Baby Body
- Melania Trump 'Fixes' Her Hair as Donald Trump Tries to Hold Her Hand
- Bella Hadid Enjoys Dinner Date With Mystery Hunk in Rome and Leaves With Bouquet of Roses
- Kourtney Kardashian and Kendall Jenner Are Denied Access to Party in France
- Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi Having a Baby to Save 'Stormy' Marriage