FOX Orders Will Forte's 'Last Man on Earth' to Series
Following his acclaimed performance in "Nebraska", Will Forte lands a regular TV role. The comedy that he created, "Last Man on Earth", has been picked up to series by FOX. The network acquired it late last year after a bidding war involving other networks.
The project hails from Phil Lord and Chris Miller, who penned latest box office hit "The Lego Movie". The scribe duo will also direct the pilot and serve as executive producers along with Forte and Seth Cohen.
Plot details are still scarce but the show will feature Forte as the last man on Earth, who meets a stranger. The two strangers now must overcome their differences and work together to ensure the survival of the human race.
Production will begin in the summer for a scheduled midseason 2015 premiere. Other cast members are not announced yet.
Forte, who is a "Saturday Night Live" alum, recently won National Board of Review Award for Best Supporting Actor through his role in comedy-drama film "Nebraska". He also lent his voice to a character, Abraham Lincoln, in "The Lego Movie".
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3