FOX Orders Will Forte's 'Last Man on Earth' to Series
Following his acclaimed performance in "Nebraska", Will Forte lands a regular TV role. The comedy that he created, "Last Man on Earth", has been picked up to series by FOX. The network acquired it late last year after a bidding war involving other networks.
The project hails from Phil Lord and Chris Miller, who penned latest box office hit "The Lego Movie". The scribe duo will also direct the pilot and serve as executive producers along with Forte and Seth Cohen.
Plot details are still scarce but the show will feature Forte as the last man on Earth, who meets a stranger. The two strangers now must overcome their differences and work together to ensure the survival of the human race.
Production will begin in the summer for a scheduled midseason 2015 premiere. Other cast members are not announced yet.
Forte, who is a "Saturday Night Live" alum, recently won National Board of Review Award for Best Supporting Actor through his role in comedy-drama film "Nebraska". He also lent his voice to a character, Abraham Lincoln, in "The Lego Movie".
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Live Under Different Roofs After He's Released From Hospital
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Naked Jai Courtney Chased 'Suicide Squad' Director Around on Set. See the NSFW Photo!
- Robert Pattinson Is Proud of Kristen Stewart and Is 'Super Impressed' With Her Rolling Stones Video